It happened in 1966 northeast divisionals and ended up being the only race I lost that year. It was the first year of the stoppage of a heat rule and it happened duting the first heat while I was out front. I caught a roller while turning and rolled the boat. I was brought in and put in the ambulance. They had a couple of restarts, which gave my dad the time to dry it out and get it running, and I got out of the ambulance, jumped in the boat and won the first heat. The second heat, I came out of the first turn in 2nd and knowing that Don Tillitson was out front and had finished 3rd in heat 1, I just followed him around knowing that my 1st and 2nd had the win as Don was pretty quick and I did not want to risk blowing the win for a 1st I did not need to get. Anyway, I did not even know about the heat stoppage rule, but Bob Hawie did and put in a protest with just a few minutes left to do so. So, I lost the 1st heat points and got moved to 4th, finishing the season with 21 firsts and one fourth including winning the nationals, the national high point and the John and Flora Blank Award (now the Waldman Award). as well as all the Region and State awards.