Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to build a Minimax

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up How to build a Minimax

Many of us can remember back when we were kids and we fell in love with boats. Most of us that can remember that, can't remember what we had for lunch today or even what day is.
    Bruce a friend is building one of the aircraft that I have been making parts for, for some twenty years. He and his partner in this endever(John) had invited me over for some information and help with the project. We were talking about what ever guys talk about when the girls aren't around, and John said that he wanted to get involved with something that he and his son could do together. I knew that he had a cottage up north and that it was on a lake so the next thing I knew I had offered to be the advisor for a father,son and Bruce boat building adventure. I told them of losing my virginity to a four by eight sheet of plywood called a minimax. Mine had a Mark25 on a Mark 20 tower and a friend had a Mark 30 on his.
    It was a good thing that both had half inch hooks in the bottom. Well that evening I went home and dug through boxes to find a set of plans for the boat. The next week I meet Johns son "Charlie" he wanted a yellow boat and the number 13 on it. I thought some one had put him up to it to get me to help, but it was true. So here goes. I won't try to get all the photos on the site tonight but will add more threads later.
    Charlie #13 With yellow boats.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information