Thread: Hauenstein Family

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default You Got Me Confused...

Frederick Hauenstein (Granddad) actually was an 1880....

Mikey, your granddad is OLD FRED......I don't need to do the math...actually arithmetic...to know OLD Fred ain't 125 years old...Now, Freddy may act 125...but that is a different story...

I thought OLD FRED, your grandfather, built the boats....

Exeter.....When Jimbo, Ernie Dawe, Ted May and I use to go up north to race.....we'd read the signs.......Exeter, we pronounced it "X" EAT er.....You may never know how many nigths boat racers sleep in the parking lot of Fred's Cafe in Kingburg, but trust me it is in the hundreds......But no one knew how to pronounce Conejo Avenue (Cone NAY HOE is the correct Spanish pronunciation, I know now...) But we called it "CONE JOE". We'd always tell everyone just pull off at "CONE JO" and sleep in Fred's Cafe parking lot, then get gas, 2 CENT a GALLON TRUCKER'S DISCOUNT you know, it would be OK with Fred...

Ask Bill Boyes how the Chili Sizes were at Fred's Cafe...

I was going up to Chowchilla for a race, my wife stayed home with Jessica because she said it was going to be too hot...So, I took Chad with me in our Winnie (Winnebago)...Chad was about 4...I wake up in the morning with a flat tire..I get to looking at my tires, hell, they are all worn out....I call Jimmy at about 7....he ain't that happy to hear from me!!!

Jimmy says he can get me a deal, but the guy only has four tires...So, I buy four, and while they are putting on the tires Chad is rolling around in the dust that is about 4 inches deep... We leave the two front ones on and Jimmy tells me I can get two in Santa Ana...We hose Chad off and I'm off to the races, I get to Chowchilla in time to race....

When I get back to the OC, I go and get the two front tires....The guy puts them on and says, "Fred's Cafe is PAYING."...We get to checking prices...Jimmy sold me six tires cheaper than the guy in Santa Ana would have sold me two....Of course, I still told Jimmy he owed me big time for buying tires from "ARCADIAN TRUCKING"....Sometimes, it is nice to have friends...

One night, after an USC game....Jimmy and I were having a few beers with a young thing that her daddy owned Mandell Shoes...Seems her name was Toni....As we walked out of the bar, Jimmy told me that right here is where he got stabbed....which was true....I told him that was a cheap trick, trying to get sympathy from the young lady, as there were two of us and only one of her...I'll never tell if the trick worked....

Truth is, Jimmy had been stabbed up by SC and damn near died....
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 03-18-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Thread Information