PDA

View Full Version : sst 45 tuner length

tunnelboat
02-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Ok guys im looking for some opinions on this i have 2 tunners that are almost a 1/4" in length difference from each other. both in legal spec...
I know when i race BMOD with the Yamato 80 we used a adjustable pipe mid way down the straight i pulled the pipe in a couple of inches to gain a few more rpm's ..

With the exhaust tuner in the mid section would the shorter pipe achieve a shorter tuned length or would the longer pipe achieve a shorter tuned length?

What are the performance differences one longer or one shorter?

I am Putting my daughter in the boat so i really don't want to deal with a bunch of testing and tach readings to figure this out.. Just looking for some honest opinions

Tim Kurcz
02-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi Mike,

The shorter tuner gets you better top end, the longer one better mid-range. My best 45SS Mod used a tuner cut to 8-3/4". Tunnel boats need more through the turns, so the longer of the two would be advisable.

Tim

tunnelboat
02-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi Mike,

The shorter tuner gets you better top end, the longer one better mid-range. My best 45SS Mod used a tuner cut to 8-3/4". Tunnel boats need more through the turns, so the longer of the two would be advisable.

Tim
Thanks for the info Tim.. Mid range will be what helps her learn to drive the most..