PDA

View Full Version : omc v4 solid mounts

evinrudejohnson
02-04-2013, 11:07 AM
hi i was wondering if any one had a set of solid motor mounts they wanted to sell . thanks ed .

phillnjack
02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Regarding solid mounts
is there any reason that people dont just take the mounts and burn the rubber out of them and fill the mounts with metal to make them solid ?
this could easily be done with alloy or even welded up solid.
Ive got a bad set of top mounts on my spare mid section and im going to just fill these with metal ,is there any reason why not to do this ?
it would help a lot of people to be able to just use the original shaped bolt on mounts

phill

Skoontz
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Regarding solid mounts
is there any reason that people dont just take the mounts and burn the rubber out of them and fill the mounts with metal to make them solid ?
this could easily be done with alloy or even welded up solid.
Ive got a bad set of top mounts on my spare mid section and im going to just fill these with metal ,is there any reason why not to do this ?
it would help a lot of people to be able to just use the original shaped bolt on mounts

phill

When I asked the great folks at OMC that when I put the solids in my 99 cubic inch 140 the answer given was that the harder of what they called solids rubber still had a little give, and it was true, another guy made a set of metal mounts and his boat vibrated and shook at idle, mine did not. I felt they really made my boat a whole binch more stable. Try calling Sea-Way marine on the mounts, there was in fact a part number for them in 1979-80. The question being is, do they have any left.....

phillnjack
02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
yeah i suppose vibration could be pretty bad

will have to rethink this one

phill