PDA

View Full Version : Racing prop for 9.9hp-15hp mercury

tyst67
11-26-2013, 05:24 PM
I know this isn't the prop section but I was wondering if there is racing props like choppers or cleavers available for 9.9-15hp mercurys !

zul8tr
11-27-2013, 08:09 AM
I know this isn't the prop section but I was wondering if there is racing props like choppers or cleavers available for 9.9-15hp mercurys !

What year and kind of mercs, fishing or race engines with quicki gear case?

tyst67
11-27-2013, 12:56 PM
The motor isn't mine so I'm not sure of the year! Around 1990. The prop shaft is 8 spline and the motor is just a fishing motor with stock gear case! It's a project I am gonna do! I am going to do some work to it and build a tiny boat to see if I can get it going good! I would like to get a surface piercing prop!

zul8tr
11-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Contact Ron Hill moderator of this site, he builds props

champ20B
11-27-2013, 08:43 PM
The motor isn't mine so I'm not sure of the year! Around 1990. The prop shaft is 8 spline and the motor is just a fishing motor with stock gear case! It's a project I am gonna do! I am going to do some work to it and build a tiny boat to see if I can get it going good! I would like to get a surface piercing prop!

You can look on the APBA website. Look under the apba shop tab then under engines and equipment. There is a modern type Merc-15 available for "J" class. If it is the same style as the merc you are referring to, there should be a conversion kit presently available that consist of a racing foot with shaft and other necessary components to make yours as such in the future, if that is what you might consider later on as well.