PDA

View Full Version : LoveCraft half Transformed into Miss KTdoodle. A story by KT

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Skoontz
04-17-2008, 06:06 AM
Thanks, Tim!

Looks like you put a capsule on your tri hull too! Does it go as fast with a 45 on it as the 140? LOL

MissKTdoodle
05-11-2008, 11:37 AM
havent been on in a while. just stopped by to say hey..
salt springs at the end of the month... WOOT!

KT

MissKTdoodle
05-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks, Tim!

Looks like you put a capsule on your tri hull too! Does it go as fast with a 45 on it as the 140? LOL
don't say "lol"

Jeff Akers
05-11-2008, 02:50 PM
salt springs at the end of the month... WOOT!

KT

KT, do you mean Oroville.. may 31-june 1 or are you talking about Salt Springs on june 21-22....?

Let me know....I've got some A stuff to bring for you and your dad....:cool:

Skoontz
05-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Jeff:

Due to money constraints....Projections looking better and better this month...So, the goal is pay off all racing debts, then go racing! So, Oroville may be tough, cause school do4es not end until the 13th or 14th down this way.....

Salt Springs, Oh yeah, hang on to yer pants cause here we come with a brand new sponsor!

MissKTdoodle
05-19-2008, 06:50 PM
KT, do you mean Oroville.. may 31-june 1 or are you talking about Salt Springs on june 21-22....?

Let me know....I've got some A stuff to bring for you and your dad....:cool:
ewww, really, I have to goto Oriville?????!!!!!?!?!
grosssssssss!

MissKTdoodle
05-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Jeff:

Due to money constraints....Projections looking better and better this month...So, the goal is pay off all racing debts, then go racing! So, Oroville may be tough, cause school do4es not end until the 13th or 14th down this way.....

Salt Springs, Oh yeah, hang on to yer pants cause here we come with a brand new sponsor!
uhhhh... who might our sponsor be....?
and how come I don't know about this??
and uhhh. schoool gets outt on the 12th, that's a thursday.

Skoontz
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Think yellow KT, think yellow.

The one on the left is KT Doodle...The middle is my incredible wife who puts up with all my antics, and the left, is Allie-Ooops, my step daughter, senior at LaCosta Canyon, going to
San Francisco State U in August

Skoontz
06-01-2008, 08:46 PM
So, we head out to the lake....91 octane fuel, timing set where it has always been set, at th center hole.

KT heads out, planes off, looses a cylinder, comes back on the rope...

Good spark, and compression, and fuel...

I yank the head....The circumference of both pistons came unglued and grounded one plug from firing....Aluminum everywhere....Center of pistons, like new....

The cylinders, clean and still have the machine crosshatch on them. The ports, no marks, which usually get dinged if something was sucked in....

I'll disassemble the motor and show photos....But for now, anyone got any ideas? Is there a chance, and I'm reaching here, that a bad batch of pistons
were made, like with metal from leftust lower ubangia? This is almost a perfect circle with shiney metal, about 3/* of an inch all the way around...not gray discolored metal like detonation.

Everything ran great last time in the water....

Calling Sea-Way for more parts tomorrow....

David Mason
06-02-2008, 10:54 AM
There is always a chance you had a bad batch. Not usually the problem, but I have seen it happen on other parts. I doubt you will ever know if that was a bad batch.

You might want to check your fuel system for any flaws, maybe it starved it ?

geodavid
06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I did this once too. Had a motorcycle ignition that advanced with increase in rpm. I saw first hand what it meant to burn a piston. Except it was a one cylinder 125 and stopped. Let's see some pictures? Not quite sure how the circumference comes off? You coukld always have the pistons penetrant inspected before assembly if you think it could be faulty manufacturing.

carl lewis
06-02-2008, 05:53 PM
How do the reeds look?????

Skoontz
06-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Just got in after a dusty day....Had to blast rock for a swimming pool in a hillside....Fire in the Hole!

After honey do list, (cutting one piece of Oak plywood) and epoxying it to the side of some file cabinets, I will start the arduous task of disassembly.

I thought reeds the first thing, and could not see far enough in after I yanked the carb on the shore.

It amazes me the bore is as clean as it is if it in fact sucked a reed... We're running steelies.

Will post after photos...Thanks thus far gang! I ordered pistons, bearings, gaskets, reeds and stops...Should be here the end of the week.

Floyd's machine tool, greatest 2 stroke borer in existence can run a hone through and hopefully we are still within spec...If not, I got a few blocks on the shelf....

Gstillwill
06-03-2008, 01:12 PM
The new OMC pistons are poor at best I know of two oacasions that the ring locking pin came out and ate the sleeve. Bomer changed vendors I guess for cost wise and its down hill from there. From the grape vine I hear that in the near future they are going to quit making alot of parts for the OMC 15. You can no longer get the little plastic thingy for the throtle linkage.

Skoontz
06-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Ding Ding Ding!!!!

Carl was right. I took the motor apart last night....One of the reed stops broke off just above the screw and sucked itself in....

As it went in, the rods broke it apart so pieces went in both holes.

Hammered up the front cover of the block, both pistons, made a few microscopic marks on the rod caps, destroyed a brand new cylinder head.

So, off to the machine shop with another block and set of pistons Monday.

I have to resize pictures, so, don't have time for that right now, I'll post them later.

Anyone know of a good used legal cylinder head for sale?

Tomtall
06-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Skoontz - This one is currently listed on E-bay and is located on the left coast. Looks like a salt water engine so beware.;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Boat-Parts-Accessories-Gear__1991-Johnson-9-9-15-h-p-Cylinder-Head_W0QQitemZ230259176334QQadnZBoatQ20PartsQ2cQ20 AccessoriesQ20Q26Q20GearQQadiZ2823QQcmdZViewItem?h ash=item230259176334&

MissKTdoodle
06-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Whaturpsss??? I'm back ha. My dad is packing everything as I speak we are going to Copperopolis... WOOT WOOT. hahaha I haven't raced since Bakersfeild which was Sectionals. Talk to you all later ;)

Skoontz
06-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Nothing like burned oil and gas from engines spinning 7300 in the morning....

On the road, 10:15 AM hoping to get through the moronics of L.A. traffic driving boob job mobiles (BMW's)...See you at Copper about 6PM.

Skoontz
06-23-2008, 07:11 PM
#1 Entering turn, Steve Wilde chasing
#2, moving closer to the turn
#3 into the turn...Anyone bring soap on the rope?

It is so refreshing seeing her get into the action rather than letting up and having it run away from her!

MissKTdoodle
06-24-2008, 08:03 PM
awwwwhhhh yeaaaaahhhhhhhh that's me (:
oh...this weekend...eventful ya?

Marlee Hill
06-28-2008, 10:51 PM
were pam wilde and lauren johnson in copperopolis?

Skoontz
06-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Marlee:

Someone told me Joe J is/was running the pro circuit on the east coast and Lauren was with him. Steve told me that Pam was at a friend of hers house in Texas.

I'm not sure who will be at Chow Chow, we are trying to put together picking up supplies in Fresno for a LEED irrigation system so we can roll the freight costs into racing. That way a customer would be paying for fuel anyway and we could kill two birds with one stone.

When we get the motor all dialed in AGAIN, you and your dad need to hit hodges with us.

MissKTdoodle
07-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Marlee:

Someone told me Joe J is/was running the pro circuit on the east coast and Lauren was with him. Steve told me that Pam was at a friend of hers house in Texas.

I'm not sure who will be at Chow Chow, we are trying to put together picking up supplies in Fresno for a LEED irrigation system so we can roll the freight costs into racing. That way a customer would be paying for fuel anyway and we could kill two birds with one stone.

When we get the motor all dialed in AGAIN, you and your dad need to hit hodges with us.

Let's hope the Carlson sisters show up, it'll be a hell of a race =)))
excited for chowwwwwww

Marlee Hill
07-07-2008, 05:04 PM
ya we will try!

I want to test before chowchilla

MissKTdoodle
07-25-2008, 03:00 PM
ya we will try!

I want to test before chowchilla
how was Chow??

Marlee Hill
07-26-2008, 09:34 PM
kt:

Saturday: I took 1st in J and I took 4th i think in AXSH out of 5...it was pretty much my first "real" race as my dad has been saying...lol
Chad took 3rd I think on Saturday

Sunday: I took first in J and then 2nd in AXSH
Chad took 2nd...I think...lol I don't really remember

you are coming to Long Beach right?

See you all there!!!

MissKTdoodle
07-30-2008, 10:34 PM
kt:

Saturday: I took 1st in J and I took 4th i think in AXSH out of 5...it was pretty much my first "real" race as my dad has been saying...lol
Chad took 3rd I think on Saturday

Sunday: I took first in J and then 2nd in AXSH
Chad took 2nd...I think...lol I don't really remember

you are coming to Long Beach right?

See you all there!!!

noice!!!! good luck at long beach (;

Marlee Hill
07-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Good Luck to you too!!!

MissKTdoodle
09-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Some Longbeach shots

MissKTdoodle
09-13-2008, 07:38 PM
The first was Jared Wallach and Me, the second, Marlee Hill and Me and Jared out front heading toward the clock, last heat. According to Propeller, I had a perfect start but DQed, under weight :(:(

Mark75H
09-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Great pics!

MissKTdoodle
09-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Marlee Hill and Me, Historic Longbeach Marine Stadium

MissKTdoodle
09-14-2008, 07:57 AM
one more time....Marlee Hill and Me with half my boat in the shot, then me in front of Historic Longbeach Marine Stadium,

MissKTdoodle
09-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Reese, Ron's grand daughter like pink!

Marlee Hill
09-16-2008, 05:46 PM
great pictures kt! those are taken by mark mclauphlin correct? If so I think we want to order some!!!

Bunker Hill
09-16-2008, 07:24 PM
great pictures kt! those are taken by mark mclauphlin correct? If so I think we want to order some!!!

that's McLaughlin...... like the town

Dad

Marlee Hill
09-17-2008, 06:50 PM
alrighty then Ü

Skoontz
10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Longbeach Marine Stadium, August, 2008

Autographed pictures will be available for people collections from the two rising stars of Region 12.

RichardKCMo
10-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Skoontz, who was in the stealth boat , i see the wake???
I think it's great.
RichardKCMo

Bunker Hill
10-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Look at frame #530... 18c Jared Wallach!!

Marlee Hill
10-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Frame 529 is a better picture...but I'm sure you figured that out by now.

Skoontz
03-22-2009, 04:00 PM
I found tese shots of Miss KT Doodle from her National Charity League fashion show and thought I had misplaced them. Along with boat racing, KT is involved with NCL, a philanthropic organization where moms and daughters do fun things to help the communities they live in for those less fortunate.

One of the coolest things about this is, since KT's mom died shortly after she was born, her mom, (my wife) is her step mom. Comsidering all the blended family situations that are shall I say not so good, we are both pretty blessed to have Patti, my wife, in both of our lives as hooked up as she has been.

OK KT, you can kill me when you see these later LOL

Skoontz
03-22-2009, 04:02 PM
It's prety bright under those lights

ckwilkins2
03-22-2009, 05:36 PM
It's prety bright under those lights

You know your a dead man now :-) LOL My daughter would kill me too.....

Skoontz
03-22-2009, 07:46 PM
sometimes is just plain worth getting killed over!

ckwilkins2
03-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone! This is KT again. Well this forum says Show us your boats. So I will my Video just isn't ready yet. It is up to date. When she is completly finished I will make another video but and on Noise of the but a clip and the pictures. By the way Broc, I have a Picture of Snoopy in there, that is what a Pembroke Welsh Corgi looks like ok? EVERYONE: Enjoy!
Sincerely,
KT
And HERE we go! I have most of the painting done know but I haven't had time to make a video! Thank You!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8II9y0cqyEE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8II9y0cqyEE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The boat looks good the song amazing :-)But I suppose i'm biased being a Brit LOL

Skoontz
03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
That brought back a few memories....It's only been 2 years, but I remember like it was yesterday. She had to get the Who in there along with the queens dog!

Marlee Hill
03-22-2009, 09:12 PM
nice pics kt see you friday or saturday....not sure when u guys are coming lol Ü

Skoontz
04-18-2009, 08:50 AM
For those of you that don't know, KT's mom, sister and friend are participating in the Quash Walk today in downtown San Diego. Quash benfits those who are suffering from Alzhiemers and their families.

It's just one of the many things boat racing families do to help give back to their communities.

This years theme was "You don't know Jack", so, Patti made me blow up some balloons and so she could cover them with paper and paint them. Allie came up with the shirts, and her friend Kinzie is tagging along...The poor Pedicab driver that has to wheel them around is going to be hurting!

ckwilkins2
04-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Great outfits and very good cause...Thanks guy's

Skoontz
04-18-2009, 02:22 PM
They would not award first for the costumes because they won 1st in the treasure hunt, so, they should have won two!

Skoontz
05-30-2009, 08:28 PM
We are going to change the paint, loosing the green side and making it pink, and the flame will go away and we will add slime spashes in green/pearl overlay.

Skoontz
05-30-2009, 08:30 PM
was every bit the pain in the rear Carl and Dave told me it would be....

Skoontz
05-30-2009, 08:32 PM
and more to follow

Skoontz
05-30-2009, 08:34 PM
hands down, white back ground with black numbers much easier to see!

Tomtall
05-31-2009, 05:31 AM
hands down, white back ground with black numbers much easier to see!

Yes Bill,very nice and I agree you can see them better than before. BUT they can still give you grief as they are not BLOCK letters/numbers as the rule book state. If someone wanted to be a prick or a bitch for that matter they could make you re-do your numbers. Sometimes I wonder if we're not pushing the rule ourselfs as Adam has rounded corners on his numbers. They are large however and can be seen from a goog distances. It's a cruel world we throw ourselfs into in boat racing. Rules,rules and more rules.

Good luck at your next race.By the way are you guys coming to Grass Lake for the nationals?

Skoontz
05-31-2009, 07:17 AM
Tom:

You are right about the numbers, but, have not had any issues stated or written as of yet. I suppose we could make them block numbers and it would not affect much about the way the boat looks if we had to.

The nationals....Well, money is tight right now, but, we do have a couple aces in the hole if they happen. We will be there in spirit and work to make them physically. That's all we can do until the news media starts talking more positively, as that effects everyone's purchasing habits like a shepherd leading the flock.

Ron Hill
02-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Will you guys be cooking BRATS at the Bull Ring? Valentine's Day is perfect for BRATS!!! 2/14/2010

Marlee Hill
02-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Mindee won't shut up about those!! Hahahha she's all like will Bill be there?????? Will Bill's brats be there?!?!?! Hahhaha it's pretty funny. See u soon :)

Skoontz
02-04-2010, 12:10 PM
are comming out of the smoker tonight and were are in full German mode. In case you did not know, German mode means this....

"You want good food, just find a German. We will make anything taste good as long as it is shoved into an animal casing"

LOL

Skoontz
03-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Get the kid in front of a camera lately and see what she does.....

Tomtall
03-31-2010, 06:59 PM
I can't read her numbers !!!! :D:D:D:D;)

Great pic's

Ron Hill
03-31-2010, 07:44 PM
You CAN TOO!!! Don't get Skoontz started on numbers...

Best race I've ever seen KT drive! She did jump one heat, but as my dad always said, "He'd rather ......can't remember....but he didn't like you being late! Oh, "Start first and better your position was what my dad always said...

Skoontz
03-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Tom you're too funny...And thanks Ron. Alan told her to drive her own race, and to have a good time...That's what she did. We learned a tremendous amount about our set up and the props we ran....Now we are one step closer to the prize....It was pretty cool seeing her take 2nd overall in A hydro with an AXS motor even though she did not place in AXS..... The jump and the loose powerhead screwed her and I told her I was the one who let her down.
From where we were she looked like she nailed every start but the one she and Kevin jumped on....Now if I can keep her powerhead from unbolting itself, we would be ready for the nationals....

Skoontz
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Puddingstone, Sunday the 19th....Thank you for the guiding hands of Alan Ishii!

David Mason
04-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Bill,

That is a very good pic. Boat look sfast, she is in a good race position, boat is lifting great, smooth.

I bet she had a big smile on when she came in.

Good job sticking with the program, I know it is tough to do with all the rules and regs for the J classes. I know a few people that simply say the heck with it and wait for their kids to be old enough to race something non-restricted, and use their own prop and set up.

Skoontz
04-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks Dave. Neither of us are quitters, but you can attest to the frustrations. I think we found the source of the powerhead comming loose all the time, testing wil tell.

I cant wait until I get the new boat ready to test in a month. Fired the engine up last weekend and its quite potent.