PDA

View Full Version : LoveCraft half Transformed into Miss KTdoodle. A story by KT

Pages : [1] 2 3

Skoontz
03-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone! This is KT again. Well this forum says Show us your boats. So I will my Video just isn't ready yet. It is up to date. When she is completly finished I will make another video but and on Noise of the but a clip and the pictures. By the way Broc, I have a Picture of Snoopy in there, that is what a Pembroke Welsh Corgi looks like ok? EVERYONE: Enjoy!
Sincerely,
KT
And HERE we go! I have most of the painting done know but I haven't had time to make a video! Thank You!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8II9y0cqyEE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8II9y0cqyEE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

MissKTdoodle
03-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey Dad,
It is KT. I don't need to go on yours any more because I have my own any way... I made a pretty cool video huh? If anyone has suggestions to offer PLEASE feel free!
KT

tthibodaux
03-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I think the video was pretty cool. Nice project.;) I do have a couple questions. First of all what class is the boat going to run? Most of all. (stupid I know) Why do the air traps stop so far forward?:confused: Never seen that before. I had a hydro with WAY to much lift and we made alluminum sliders right behind the sponsons to open and close(with holes) to spill the air but I've never seen them stop before the back of the boat before.:D

Ron Hill
03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Will you dad let you "hire" yourself out? I would be interested in hiring you for several video "Projects". Broc says he can't wait until Parker to race you in A Hydro...

Skoontz
03-07-2007, 03:46 PM
I think the video was pretty cool. Nice project.;) I do have a couple questions. First of all what class is the boat going to run? Most of all. (stupid I know) Why do the air traps stop so far forward?:confused: Never seen that before. I had a hydro with WAY to much lift and we made alluminum sliders right behind the sponsons to open and close(with holes) to spill the air but I've never seen them stop before the back of the boat before.:D

Great question. This is KT by the way. Um.. I actually have no idea. That boat is and A Hydro. This boat was Pam Rucker's boat. She did pretty well with it as I am told. I got from Bill Curtis and his son flipped it so it sat for about 5 years. I know that is was a love craft. It has steps on the bottom. a strange peice of wood that digs into the water when you turn left (at nationals none of the other boats had that). It is a boat that is VERY VERY hard to get on plane. Other than that I know nothing else, besides it was a fast boat and it placed well. Thank you for responding! KT

tthibodaux
03-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Hope you have fun with it.. Make sure you send pictures when she's all done..:D

p.s. be safe..;)

Joe J
03-07-2007, 05:40 PM
I believe you mean Kim Rucker, as opposed to Pam.

Good luck w/ the project, and you may possibly race against our daughter at some point this summer.

Joe Johnson

Great question. This is KT by the way. Um.. I actually have no idea. That boat is and A Hydro. This boat was Pam Rucker's boat. She did pretty well with it as I am told. I got from Bill Curtis and his son flipped it so it sat for about 5 years. I know that is was a love craft. It has steps on the bottom. a strange peice of wood that digs into the water when you turn left (at nationals none of the other boats had that). It is a boat that is VERY VERY hard to get on plane. Other than that I know nothing else, besides it was a fast boat and it placed well. Thank you for responding! KT

Skoontz
03-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I believe you mean Kim Rucker, as opposed to Pam.

Good luck w/ the project, and you may possibly race against our daughter at some point this summer.

Joe Johnson

She meant Kim not Pam.

The air traps...Seem to be a tad short, but, since we never have had this boat in the water, we won't no nothing.....

Ron:

KT says she will be glad to do some video for you. We found this cam corder at one of the homes my wife sold...The owner left a box of electronic yuppified gizmos behind and did not want them...So, with new used pre owned electronics in hand, she is ready to tape....\

Now why can't my wife list someones house that used to race boats and we find an A gearfoot in the closet?

We got alot of work to do and money to spend between now and Parker...Which reminds me I gotta call a couple people back........

tthibodaux
03-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Sorry buddy... I didn't mean anything I just have never seen one like that (with the short air traps) and was interested in what the advantage was..:D I hope every thing works out good and good luck to you guys this season..;) Most of all HAVE FUN.

Skoontz
03-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Ill call ya MrRude with the big Johnson...because, if you don't drive an OMC, you ain't got no johnson...LOLOL

All I can say is what we have been told by the racers who ran against this boat...Hard to plane, but, that was with grown ups...A 105 lb driver might have an advantage. Good boat, as in very fast. Handling quirks? Ask Kevinn Curtis...It has steering reduction pullies rather than wired direct, and, Kevin put it on it's deck because he was not used to the delayed steering. I'm thinking a new driver, and one that had a hard time pulling a C boat out of a tight turn, (At the Thunderboat Regatta, she was cicling near a buoy, and a Fountain...We were saying, buoy, Fountain, buoy Fontain...Take the buoy, it's only $1500 to reset and it won't hurt as much....) should run the reduction pullies until she wants to run it direct.

So, this weekend between running loads we are going to stripe it like the 1955 Ms. Thriftway and letter it...Then the fun. Life jacket, cut suit, helmet, gearfoot, steering bars..

Has anyone got a picture of how the throttle linkage of an OMC A goes with cable? I got a pretty good idea, but, a picture is worth 4000 words!

tthibodaux
03-07-2007, 10:26 PM
:D :D :D Hope you guys have fun.. That boat won't even know there is an extra 105 lbs when it's ready to go.. GOOD LUCK.;)

Joe Silvestri 36-S
03-08-2007, 03:35 PM
If the air-traps do not go all the way to the transom, then it was done to spill the air quicker. The boat could possibly have a lot of lift in it which would carry more air all the way to the back with full air-traps. I used to have a Z-Craft, which is known for having a lot of lift, and ran CSH with it. The boat would pack a lot of air picking up both the nose and the back end of the boat making it difficult to turn because nothing was in the water when I got to the turn. I cut off the back 9" of air-trap and it spilled enough air to settle the back end of the boat enough to make it handle better down the straights and turns.

Indirect steering takes the torque from the motor out of the steering allowing the driver to turn the steering wheel easier. Usually this is done with larger engines but everyone has their thing. I use indirect steering in my CSR, CSH, and 20SSH and would not go back to direct. Just be sure you use a 5" steering hub when using indirect steering and a 3" steering hub when using direct steering. If not, then the steering will become dangerous.

Good luck and have fun!

tthibodaux
03-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I guess it still doesn't make any since to me.:confused: When I had a lift problem we made the sliders at the front to spill the air. The air traps all the way to the rear picked the tail up. Spilling it at the front took away lift. Seems like if you spill at the rear it makes more lift because you would be packing it all in the nose.

I don't disagree, I'm just :confused:

Joe Silvestri 36-S
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
In theory, you are correct, however when I cut my air-traps the nose did not ride any higher. It simply settled the back end making the boat more driveable.

tthibodaux
03-08-2007, 04:08 PM
In theory, you are correct, however when I cut my air-traps the nose did not ride any higher. It simply settled the back end making the boat more driveable.I hear ya..;) The reason we made the sliders on mine was because with the mod 102 it was dangerous so I could open them up. With the 25xs or y80 I could close them up.

Skoontz
03-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Joe: Thanks for the steering tips. That might exlpain why Kevin put it on it's deck, the original steering hub was a 5" Nydahl with a spring loaded friction nut on the back. We got a plastic 5" hub from Dale Bishop and installed that. Once I get the steering bars dialed in we can play with what works best for her. Personally, I like cables to run direct in a smaller powered boat, or, as fast as we can turn the boat without creating hernia like symptoms. Viewing KT from when she drove Jeff Connant's C, it was direct, and we both have said had it been a reduction system, she would not have locked in a hard left turn and could have controlled the boat better. I have often thought about using Ride Guide steering on smaller boats. In a hydro I can see where the 6-12 extra pounds could be an issue, but for the most part, you have a far safer method to steer, and in the event of a hand grenaded boat, that cable would cut through your neck like steering cable will do. Correct me here, but I think that's what Jimbo got across his adams apple when he had his wreck.

Anywho, thats again!

tthibodaux
03-09-2007, 07:05 AM
I ran the 5'' on all my boats. On the 3cyl. Super E I ran inderect and everything else direct. The reason for inderect on the SE was the big power I didn't need to turn the wheel as much also I blew it over runnin direct because I made a slight but sudden correction that changed the attitude and picked up one sponson, not a good idea around 90 mph. When we changed to inderect I could make a slight mistake like that no problem. I liked the direct in the rest of my stuff because I could just tighten down on the tention nut to take away the torque but I still had fast response in the steering. I think you will find that in the smaller classes the boats tend to run more in a tight pack and faster steering can help when you get to turn one and there are 12 of you all there at the SAME time looking for a lane. The bigger boats don't turn as well due to the speed and size as well as drivers give alittle more and tend to have more respect for the speed and the dangers involved.

Anyway, I'll stop jabberin now..;)

one eight-w
03-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Has anyone got a picture of how the throttle linkage of an OMC A goes with cable? I got a pretty good idea, but, a picture is worth 4000 words!

Try this.http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9610/img2789hy5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ed Runne sells the complete conversion kit for A carbs. It includes linkages, bell crank, T-post etc. I think they are about $100. Well worth the minor investment. BTM- Brown Tool and Machine has the steering bars. Pony up for a new gearcase, chances are you will not find a used one. People know what they are worth and since they were unubtanium for a while, they are less likely to part with them.

nightwing
03-09-2007, 02:12 PM
i crash the a hydro because i was in a hurry to race it. we had the set up all wrong 4 me and it took me the hole river to turn that thing. not a big fan of indirect steeling. the boat was fast.
kevin

Skoontz
03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the pictures! I have the bellcrank set up thanks to Ron Hill, he needs to tell me how much....And, yep, as soon as I'm done with this PIA client, then the big stuff starts, which will in turn, give me the needed $$$ to buy the pieces for the gearcase, and a prop or 5..... I'm also going to get a set of rings and deglaze the holes. It's got good compression, but, the rings are original..

Kevin:

Sorry if I got the story twisted, I knew it was steering, and or set up you were having issues with...We are just grateful to have the boat and I got a little girl, well not so little any more burning to get out and play before Parker in a few weeks.

nightwing
03-09-2007, 06:38 PM
it all good. no worrys. i be happy to see the boat on the water. we need more a hydros in regin 12.

MissKTdoodle
03-10-2007, 12:24 AM
It is KT again. Dad, Justin fixed my comp. anyway on Saturday The tenth I am "supposed" to get my boat striped. But I don't know if that is going to happen by the way it sounds it has to be put off for another week. (thanx dad) Kevin good job at Nationals! The boat looks really good now. I spent too much time on it. Or I think so. It is 3 when dad gets home and he points out everything I missed! I was like, "Dad, I have sanding this boat for THREE HOURS!!! I am done now!" I guess I had to start doing it again or else we wouldn't be as far as we are now... anyway good night every one!

Skoontz
03-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Well kid, aren't dads supposed to embarrass and harrass their kids? LOLOL

btracer20
03-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey KT, I have a life jacket that might fit you. You can call me on my cell or leave me a post.

Dale Bishop (209)329-5441

Skoontz
03-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Dale:

Thank you for posting your number. I got your message a 2 weeks ago, then got bombed with "stuff", then inadvertanatly lost your number.

Willc all you later. Thanks, Bill

tthibodaux
03-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Got any pictures yet? Please tell me your not going to paint it pink. :p I'm just kidding, my 8 year old won't give me a break on gettin her a pink A hydro.:D

Skoontz
03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I can't stand it, she wants to make a video of the painting, so, here is what in part, you are about to see...Shee's gunna kill me!

tthibodaux
03-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Hope your not in to much trouble for that.:D You guys are doing a great job. My dad never let me paint one real nice because it was hard to match up the paint when I hit something.:rolleyes: Tell KT to come on with the video.;)

MissKTdoodle
03-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I guess somehow I undid a crashed computer! Now the Miss KTdoodle is back I will show you guys a pretty cool video. (If I said sick Ron would respond as, "Who's sick?" I would Reply," Sick is a term for saying the word cool.") hahaha. Anywho I will have the video up in about 20 minutes! Okay everyone? I just need to finish some homework!
Bye for a while!
KT

tthibodaux
03-12-2007, 09:15 PM
You know when I was a young man and was racin boats one of the things dad made me do during the week was mow the grass.:D Looks like yours needs some tending to.;)

SORRY KT..:p

MissKTdoodle
03-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Actually those are roses.. are grass is actually dieing and I have no idea how to work our 30 year old mower

tthibodaux
03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Actually those are roses.. are grass is actually dieing and I have no idea how to work our 30 year old mower:D I was just kidin.:p Tryin to get a rise out of your dad.:D You got that home work done yet? It's spring break in Texas but Sydney won't go to bed till she see's your video.;)

MissKTdoodle
03-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Well I am so sorry but YouTube has let me down... I can't put the video up for another 20 minutes. I am still working on the Persuasive Essay it is really hard to find reasons to persuade someone that the Holocaust helps teach people respect. Hi Sydney, you know that is my older sister, Allies middle name

girls race 2
03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Well I am so sorry but YouTube has let me down... I can't put the video up for another 20 minutes. I am still working on the Persuasive Essay it is really hard to find reasons to persuade someone that the Holocaust helps teach people respect. Hi Sydney, you know that is my older sister, Allies middle nameHi KT. My dad told me to just read and not post but then he said its cool. I love your boat. I bet you are going to beet the boys.:D

MissKTdoodle
03-12-2007, 10:14 PM
:) :) of course I am. I heard you wanted to see my video. Well here ya go! Enjoy! I think you should get started in J class first Sydney!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/If7W0DcaG18"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/If7W0DcaG18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
She is LIVE AND RUNNING!!!

carl lewis
03-12-2007, 10:24 PM
KT,
I dont know if you met my son at bakersfield,
however he is a few years older than you and EVERYTHING around here is SICK

what ever happened to cool, wonderful, sweet, groovy

got to love the younger set... you guys rock.....

ps nice paint job... keep up the good work

Carl

Ron Hill
03-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Found this picture in a December 1972 Race Boat and Industry News...

nightwing
03-12-2007, 10:33 PM
sweet video. have fun with the boat
kevin

tthibodaux
03-12-2007, 10:35 PM
You guys got it goin on.. :cool: Sydney went to bed but first thing in the morning she's going to be happy you made the new video. By the way, for some reason she thinks girls can beat the boys.:D Don't let her down.:p

Ron Hill
03-12-2007, 10:38 PM
K Pro, which is A Stock Hydro with no weights, I think. At DePue, 2006, there were 8 WOMEN in the finals out of 12. Aim Eldredge won....

tthibodaux
03-12-2007, 10:43 PM
K Pro, which is A Stock Hydro with no weights, I think. At DePue, 2006, there were 8 WOMEN in the finals out of 12. Aim Elderidge won....I can't help but give my baby girl a hard time about racing the boys. If I'm lucky the Thibodaux will come out in her and she won't even notice boy or girl. Sad as it is, I really like her "I'm the best" attitude.:D

MissKTdoodle
03-12-2007, 11:24 PM
tom-dont worry i am into speed not screwing up
kevin- can you tell that, that was the boat we took from your house???

MissKTdoodle
03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
KT,
I dont know if you met my son at bakersfield,
however he is a few years older than you and EVERYTHING around here is SICK

what ever happened to cool, wonderful, sweet, groovy

got to love the younger set... you guys rock.....

ps nice paint job... keep up the good work

Carl

Thank you carl!

David Mason
03-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Be very proud of what you are doing ! You have already accomplished what 80% of racers can't do, paint their own boats !! You have fixed and repaired your own boat, painted it, I have no doubts you will know how to rig it, and I am just glad you are to young to race against me !! I hate losing to girls !! Although it has happend many a time in my day.

Now when you stand on the podium for your first win, think of how much fun it was doing it the hard way, your way !! You and your dad both should be proud of what you are doing. Wish I could help you out on a gearbox, if I had one, it would be yours. I love to see kids so excited about the sport, and the fact that the family is participating together is another great thing.

Keep up the good work, and I sincerely hope someone will step up to the plate and get this girl a gearbox !!! Hint Hint Ron !!! KT can be your BRF Poster Child !!

girls race 2
03-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey KT your boat looks sick.:p my dad said to use that word. Anyway I love the video. I hope you beet those boys. Sydney

tthibodaux
03-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Now look what you have started KT.:D

MissKTdoodle
03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
haha. I was telling that to Ron because he doesn't know what that means... but his son, Broc, says it all the time. So in a way I was making fun of him... lol

MissKTdoodle
03-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Be very proud of what you are doing ! You have already accomplished what 80% of racers can't do, paint their own boats !! You have fixed and repaired your own boat, painted it, I have no doubts you will know how to rig it, and I am just glad you are to young to race against me !! I hate losing to girls !! Although it has happend many a time in my day.

Now when you stand on the podium for your first win, think of how much fun it was doing it the hard way, your way !! You and your dad both should be proud of what you are doing. Wish I could help you out on a gearbox, if I had one, it would be yours. I love to see kids so excited about the sport, and the fact that the family is participating together is another great thing.

Keep up the good work, and I sincerely hope someone will step up to the plate and get this girl a gearbox !!! Hint Hint Ron !!! KT can be your BRF Poster Child !!

You rlucky we aren't even in the same region!

MissKTdoodle
03-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Sydney,
It just occured to me that I never told you this. But yes, I may be a fast driver. But you also need to be safe. I am one of the wild types of drivers: I love to screw around and have fun. I race as fast as I can and as hard as I can and I normally pick out the people that are going to be weak and then get ahead of them. BUT getting to the point, it isn't about winning or loosing, it is about having fun. I used to race cars, quads, pretty much anything I could get my hands on and in the long run, I have had a few quads land on me, and I have flipped and ruined my Shelby Cobra Quarter Midget. When you are old enough to race you need to learn about being responsible think, what will happen if I do this, what will happen if I do that. My back is pretty screwed from the quads landing on me and if you don't know what they are, they are an off road vehicle and they are fast, heavy and they hurt when they land on you. ANYWAY I just wanted to share that bit of information with you! But I still find time to race the quads. And Boats...
Thanks
KT:) :) :)

Seanp3
03-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey Dad,
It is KT. I don't need to go on yours any more because I have my own any way... I made a pretty cool video huh? If anyone has suggestions to offer PLEASE feel free!
KT

KT - pretty cool! What kind of software do you use for making your videos.

MissKTdoodle
03-15-2007, 03:52 PM
KT - pretty cool! What kind of software do you use for making your videos.
Hey Sean,
This is KT. I actually use anything from www.3.blibs.com (http://www.3.blibs.com) (photo editing website) to Photoshop. I also use a video making software called Windows Movie maker. If you want send me some pictures and I will make a video for you. I usually do that on the weekends though, because I have no time on weekdays between Dog Walking and Homework...
Thanks For Responding!
KT

girls race 2
03-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Sydney,
It just occured to me that I never told you this. But yes, I may be a fast driver. But you also need to be safe. I am one of the wild types of drivers: I love to screw around and have fun. I race as fast as I can and as hard as I can and I normally pick out the people that are going to be weak and then get ahead of them. BUT getting to the point, it isn't about winning or loosing, it is about having fun. I used to race cars, quads, pretty much anything I could get my hands on and in the long run, I have had a few quads land on me, and I have flipped and ruined my Shelby Cobra Quarter Midget. When you are old enough to race you need to learn about being responsible think, what will happen if I do this, what will happen if I do that. My back is pretty screwed from the quads landing on me and if you don't know what they are, they are an off road vehicle and they are fast, heavy and they hurt when they land on you. ANYWAY I just wanted to share that bit of information with you! But I still find time to race the quads. And Boats...
Thanks
KT:) :) :)Fun is the loud motors and all the people to me. I just want to go fast.:D I hope you do good. Im waiting for you to tell us after the first race you came in first.:p

MissKTdoodle
03-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Fun is the loud motors and all the people to me. I just want to go fast.:D I hope you do good. Im waiting for you to tell us after the first race you came in first.:p
Don't Worry... I already have a good driver's hopes down for him beating me!!!:) HAHAHAHHA Well Sydney I think you and your dad should be on our pit crew! :D :D :D

MissKTdoodle
03-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Dale,
I don't know if you read BRF threads but I just got my life jacket from you!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
Now all I need is: Frontal Pullies and a small cut suit.:D :D

Pop990
03-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I might have them. You can have them if someone can pick up

Skoontz
03-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Bill:

Let us know if you got em. We can get em any time!

Thanks

btracer20
03-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey Kt I Hope The Life Jacket Fits Ok
I Was Digging In My Stuff And Found Two Front Pulleys
I Will Mail Them Off Tomorrow.
Dale

Skoontz
03-20-2007, 05:41 AM
Dale:

The life jacket fits her body perfectly, I just need to get the straps adjusted correctly. How much do you want for it?

Thank you for all the help you have given us. We are almost ready to test after next week. Her helmet should be getting here soon, and she is stoked. There are about 10 of her friends who are already bugging their parents about getting them a boat. If this happens, there are 10 potential drivers at least in best case scenario entering the sport.

MissKTdoodle
03-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Hey Kt I Hope The Life Jacket Fits Ok
I Was Digging In My Stuff And Found Two Front Pulleys
I Will Mail Them Off Tomorrow.
Dale
Thank You Dale!!!
The Life Jacket is actually pretty perfect... I just can't figure out how to tighten my leg straps... ahaha Thank You! For The front pulleys also!
Now all I need is that cutsuit and I will be all set

MissKTdoodle
03-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Dale:

The life jacket fits her body perfectly, I just need to get the straps adjusted correctly. How much do you want for it?

Thank you for all the help you have given us. We are almost ready to test after next week. Her helmet should be getting here soon, and she is stoked. There are about 10 of her friends who are already bugging their parents about getting them a boat. If this happens, there are 10 potential drivers at least in best case scenario entering the sport.
Dad here are the names of the kids (Last names are kept private for safety)
Paul .......
Steven ..........
Jaki ......
Katie ...........
Nicoleo (Nicole, Nikki) ......
Dean .....
Wyatt .........
Willie
Rich
Bri:) :) :)

btracer20
03-21-2007, 09:30 PM
HEY KT THEIR IS A CUT SUIT FOR SALE ON HYDRORACER.
SMALL SIZE
EMAIL IS JDMPACK@HOTMAIL.COM
HOPE THIS HELPS

DALE

MissKTdoodle
03-22-2007, 03:10 PM
HEY KT THEIR IS A CUT SUIT FOR SALE ON HYDRORACER.
SMALL SIZE
EMAIL IS JDMPACK@HOTMAIL.COM
HOPE THIS HELPS

DALE
Thanks Dale! My dad already sent an email:) :)

btracer20
03-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Dale:

HEY BILL I AM GLAD THE LIFE JACKET FITS.
THE JACKET IS 50.00$
DALE

MissKTdoodle
03-25-2007, 12:58 PM
HEY BILL I AM GLAD THE LIFE JACKET FITS.
THE JACKET IS 50.00$
DALE

HE will send some money up to you Dale! I got Kevlar pants and Blue Kevlar Shirt coming...
Thank You Nik Thompson and Chris Hagerl

Skoontz
03-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Dale:

Don't know what we would do without you and the rest of the great folks helping us out. I can't beleive even with hooking up with free and greatly priced stuff the amount of money putting a rig together costs...It's been too long...But, April 21, hell or high water, we are racing...Then we should find a few region 11 events to come up and play!

Joe J
03-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Our first region 11 race is in the middle of May. The lake is about 30 minutes or so north of Sacramento. come on up, and your daughter will race against mine in AXH. I have some Dewald props for the class, and you are welcome to test them if needed.

Joe Johnson

Don't know what we would do without you and the rest of the great folks helping us out. I can't beleive even with hooking up with free and greatly priced stuff the amount of money putting a rig together costs...It's been too long...But, April 21, hell or high water, we are racing...Then we should find a few region 11 events to come up and play![/QUOTE]

Dago Fast
03-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Joe forgot to mention that he has a daughter about your age that will be
racing also. The race site may spoil you for all other sites. There are lots
of other things to do at the site besides racing. Their is the live band
and Barbeques, ice cream social each day, pee wee golf, driving range,
and lots of fine folks that will be welcoming you to racing.

Dago Fast

MissKTdoodle
03-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Joe forgot to mention that he has a daughter about your age that will be
racing also. The race site may spoil you for all other sites. There are lots
of other things to do at the site besides racing. Their is the live band
and Barbeques, ice cream social each day, pee wee golf, driving range,
and lots of fine folks that will be welcoming you to racing.

Dago Fast
Hi Dago Fast- ummmm Where is Minden???

Dago Fast
03-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi Dago Fast- ummmm Where is Minden???

KT, Lake Minden is 1 mile south of East Nicolaus, a small town approx. 30 miles north of Sacramento. It's an easy drive up I-5 past ARCO arena an
then take Hwy 70 0r 99 to E. Nicolaus to Boat Racing sign. The site has tent
camping, RV sites and modulars for rent. I will be the inspector so have you
and your dad look me up so we can make sure your set up is legal. I'd hate
to see you beat every one and then not pass weight and fuel and engine
height. The lake is perfect for your class.

Dago Fast

MissKTdoodle
03-25-2007, 06:09 PM
KT, Lake Minden is 1 mile south of East Nicolaus, a small town approx. 30 miles north of Sacramento. It's an easy drive up I-5 past ARCO arena an
then take Hwy 70 0r 99 to E. Nicolaus to Boat Racing sign. The site has tent
camping, RV sites and modulars for rent. I will be the inspector so have you
and your dad look me up so we can make sure your set up is legal. I'd hate
to see you beat every one and then not pass weight and fuel and engine
height. The lake is perfect for your class.

Dago Fast
ok thanks that is pretty sick

Skoontz
03-26-2007, 08:55 PM
OK, so I thought I had it handled. Found a motor, foot, bolt it on and race...Turns out, the motor has evolved from a complete unit, to one that has no gear foot...Well, it had the original, then that was going to be replaced with a brand new one, because I was told it was old, now, the motor is footless....

So, who here can tell me why the OEM gear foots have 2MPH on the new replacments? If that is true, that might explain why this motor was original,, thena new foot was going to be added because the old foot was worn out, then evolved into a footless engine.... Who that sells used engines would add a brand new part because the old one was not good? The gears are turning....

In the mean time, we have a motor, not new by any stretch, and are once again, looking for a gear foot... I'll call Ed Runne tomorrrow and get some money off to make this happen.......

This episode has ticked me off beyond belief....So, I got to thinking, after I called Ron who is on the road...We want kids to enter the sport right? By the time you get done mousing around with antiquated parts, dealing with sharks who want ridicluous amounts of money for start up ventures to get into J/AXS/A, it is enough to steer many people away, assuming of course this is to be the starter class......So, herezz what I am thinking, comming from a person who has never raced APBA ....

Scratch the hydro. They are too freeken temperamental, and blow over after a starfish farts.... And the 20 year old expensive gear foot...A competitive A motor can cost $3,000 plus, but I'm preaching to the choir.... Hell dad paid $1,700 for my Stinger GP in 1978 before he died.... 4 cylinders vs 2??? WTF is that????? We got twice that in a glorified freeken fishing motor....

And we got an unstable boat, which, when a kid gets wet, you ain't gunna get them back in for a while... And, what kid would kneel before they could sit??

So, we build a runabout, modeled after an old Speedliner or Yellow Jacket. With an open deck and back seat steering. And, a seat, so the kid does not have to kneel...With a gas pedal, not a Carpal Tunnel forming squeeze grip... And we make it easy, a strap of metal on a common 5/16 bolt as the pivot, returned by a bungy cord....And we give it a double wide seat for a 2 kid class, because I know of pleanty of kids who would ride, with their friends on weekends to get interested and cannot afford a boat........

And, legal motors will be any engine you find on E-bay, 15 cubic inch limit, 15 horsepower. Merc, Johnson, Rude Yickifigion variety....Hell gimme an old sod-a- water....Cavitation plate allowed 2" above the bottom. No measurement from the prop shaft, we use the cav plate....And engines with definite advantages will be restricted by prop pitch, cup or any one of a number of things, not some idiocy where you restrict the flow of fuel....That way the motor will have the power it needs when it needs it....
Motors must be OEM stock. Aluminum and stainless props can run the same class, but score differently in case someone does not have the money for a stainless prop....A center fin can bolt through the bottom of the boat, from inside out, and you use caulk to seal it so you can trailer the boat easily.... Boats must be made of 3/8"-1/2" outdoor plywood with one good side so the cost of marine wood is not an issue...Target entry cost, $2,500.00, boat, motor, trailer, plus safety gear. The boat will be 12' long, have a step bottom for rough water (thank you Ron) 52" wide gunnel to gunnel with a 46" bottom width. Top targeted speed, 45. This run around crap of trying to find parts to get Miss KTDoodle running is really ticking me off beyond belief, and it takes alot to do that....

So, here once again, we sit, 30 days til race day, not much further than we were before.... Sorry guys, I'm stressed and venting....Any thoughts????

carl lewis
03-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah,
sit back, have a real cold beer and don't worry.
It really doesn't matter if you go to the region 11 race next month or a region 10 race anytime this year WE will make sure KT has a ride.

This is just the way west coast racers work, you might think about staying home but believe me they will start calling on Wed. to make damn sure you will be there that weekend.

Carl

Skoontz
03-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Carl:

Thanks, I had 4 Fat tires last night....Kids beer that is very good! The problem is not a ride. The problem is an engine and or gear foot.... There simply has to be an easier way that this. There has to be a way to bolt somethign together and go. Which, is why Ientioned the runabout boat....That is looking more and more attractive, because we could run that in the bay after the big boats come out to play...So meanwhile, back to the hunt.

btracer20
03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey Kt
If You Are Still Looking For An A Motor With Lower Unit.
Call Me.
Dale

Skoontz
03-28-2007, 06:21 AM
Dale:

Yes we are. Long story that I thought I had handled. I'll tell KT to call you this evening, I'm not sure how late I will be. Thanks once again, Dale, don't know what we would do without you and all the other fine folks on this forum!

btracer20
03-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Kt
I Will Be Home Anytime After 7pm
Dale

David Mason
03-28-2007, 09:48 AM
You are not alone in this frustration, I assure you. It is sad when I can race the fastest hydro class in Mod, and have less into the rig than a J class....

In NBRA they are pretty cheap. Last years Nat. Champ, Tara Cook has about $500.00 into the whole rig. That is what her dad said. He found and old Y80 on Ebay, bought it, found an old boat for next to nothing, and went racing. Ends up the girl won the Nat's. The motors are restricted, however, the HP they put out to begin with helps override the restrictor. No hard time planing off, they start a TON easier than the oMC restriced down to a dime size hole. I know with the J's around here, testing is pointless. You have to run APBA props and to test with even a test prop, it is dramtically different come race day. At a race, I have set Ashley's rig up, we bolted on the prop she drew at drivers meeting, she went out and ran decent. We left the rig set up all night, never touched a thing except to put a tarp over it. Next day she drew her prop and could not plane off. I took all the shims out and basically buried the engine. Still would not plane off...... talk about a turn off for a kid.

Can I suggest something ? Skip all the J, AXSH crap and go to something better. If she is ready for the speed, save yourself a TON of money and stress.

The NBRA Novice class runs about the same speed as the current APBA AXS. Only problem you have, there are no NBRA races in your area. You could work on that possibly.

Skoontz
03-28-2007, 11:06 AM
David:

Frustrated is putting it mildly. We have not given up at this point, Dale Bishop and numerous others have been incredible sources of support and viable resources obtaining the pieces to make this work. And, when it is right, I'm sure it will. And on that note, being in the business I am, Design-Buld landscape contracting and engineering of sorts, I beleive necessity is the mother of all invention, so, here is what I am going to walk point on, and I beleive after talking alot with Ron and others, this will fly.

We build as I stated, a runabout, not a hydro, approximately 12' long. Details should really be left to a guy like but not limited to Ernie Dawe who is a guy with more wood working experience than any 10 people in a row.

I feel the boat should look like an F runabout, with a more flat nose, sort of like a Rockholt 14' footer....It should have side by side bucket seating, and you can buy a molded seat from any garden supply for under $20.00. It should be a near transom mounted steering wheel, with regular cables to steer it. We don't need no funky hunks of aluminum called steering bars to attempt to find or drop $100.00 for.

The gunnels should be 54" wide, and the front deck should be closed using 1/4" marine plywood. The bottom should be 45" wide, give or take, so we can make full use out of a $78.00 sheet of 1/2" plywood, and it should be stepped for rougher water. That way when big boats come out, the kids won't need to pull out of the water. I also feel it should have a simple foot throttle, like back in the day, a 1/* hunk of steel on a pivot bolt, sprung back using a bungy cord mounted on the tip. The rules for racing, steps will need to be a certain spec, and the motor can only be cantilevered a safe distance. Engine hieght will be measured by cav plate to bottom, not prop shaft to bottom. Engines used, will be any 15HP/15cubic inch motor with an OEM FNR case, with a minimum diameter and club foot front so some genious at a factory does not decide to screw the class up by making a race case.

Engine advantages, once enough boats get into it, and we see a pattern of what engines may have an advantage, we restrict prop pitches, cuping, diamter or a combination of both, or engine hieghts. S fin, centered in the appropriate place, will be screwed into the keel, sealed with caulk the day of launch so you can trailer easily. There should be an aluminum and stainless division, and those should be allowed to run on the same water at the same time, that way a family on a budget can hit E-bay or penny saver, and after building the boat or buying a spec boat, go racing competively without getting doinked by the sharks.

I sketched such a boat yesterday while waiting to get loaded at Dixieline Lumber, and asked for wood pricing. This boat could be built, painted and running using marine plywood for under $600.00. Steering wheel, cables, and goodies could be had used, or one should be able to find them for under $250.00. Motors can be had all day long for under $800.00 that run well.

We could call this class an APBA junior stock runabout division.

There are numerous features about this model, and feel free to add and comment as you who know better see fit to do....

One, cost. For under 2K, a kid is racing. Add for saftey gear. Two, a stable boat, which can handle larger boat waves that would put a hydro on it's deck. This allows the ability to not only test, but use their boat as a fun toy rather than a speed tool on a multitude of water bodies. Three, what kid would not rather sit with a gas pedal than kneel with a squeeze grip? Two hands on the wheel....Four, any engine can be used, and dialed in competitively using full power.

I'm with Dale Earnhart speed, referring to restrictor plates, as he was quoted, "Why don't NASCAR build the tracks safer and let us worry about driving the race cars?"

The next step up from a junior boat could be an outboard powered Jersey Speed Skiff, and, the same restrictions would apply using more power and larger boat. We would have in essence, a 36 class recreated...

Though I have not given up on making an A/AXS/J boat work for KT, this experience has ticked me off to the point of near no return. Once that happenes, I'll connect with all the right folks who have an interest in doing something similar to what I suggest here, and make it happen....

rossdbos
03-28-2007, 03:52 PM
I have spoken to Ernie Dawe about this very issue. I'm not sure what can be done except open the rules on allowable motors, in the future, since Mercury and OMC aren't building new ones, I don't see why not. APBA is being short sighted on the future of it's sport when it comes to the J Class. Let's get them on the water, SAFELY! $2,500 for a motor is ludicris for a 9- 12 year old, but that's my opinion.

BTW, we finished the bottom on Jared's J Boat and are going to prime the top deck and figure out a paint scheme.
If anyone has a used small (Junior) cut suit that they wouldn't mind selling, I am very interested and still looking for a J/A motor.
Please let me know rossdbos26@yahoo.com
I have the lifejacket thanks to Joe Johnson.
Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.

Joe J
03-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Skoontz:

If you and KT want to come up to Minden in May, you are welcome to use the gearcase off the 2nd motor in my trailer.

Joe Johnson

rossdbos
04-01-2007, 10:48 PM
We agree on the wide bottom class but I have a racer and race to put together now. I think your KT and Mel Beard want to race at Parker so we have 3 confirmed. We can start building our local class boats but I kinda wonder why with so many old A boats that are laying around. I think better to use existing boats but work on opening up the rules, with safety in mind, on allowing other motors in that are in the same speed/hp range. After all, ideally, I would like SCSC/SCOA to have a fleet of J's -6 to 8 identically prepared boats that we bring to each race and the J racer's draw at drivers meeting for the boats, not just the prop's for the race that day. This would do more to teach them how to drive and read the water and understand the fundamentals. Also, it would keep the cost, way down as the boats would be virtually identical. Keeping them safe while teaching them how to drive and not have worry about continously searching for speed at this level will get more people involved, especially if they only have to buy/rent a helmet, cut suit, & lifejacket for the weekend. If they like it, they can continue for a maximum of 2 years then at 11 (the APBA rules would have to be modified) years old they can start in AXSH and begin "prepping" their own boat and looking for speed secrets and ways to make it go fast! Just my opinion, but this would for sure attract newcomers and get them "hooked" and create a "feeder" system for the AXSH, then ASH and beyond.
Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.

nightwing
04-02-2007, 02:43 PM
i think it a good idea ross. if u need someone to test boats and other stuff. i will help. i'm about the right size to test the boats and make sure they all get on plain. three more years and madison can race jsh too. that if my sister will let her. lol
kevin

Skoontz
04-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Ross:

We wil be at Parker. KT's first race. We are still waiting for APBA membership and numbers. Picking her engine up soon. If you need an engine to borrow, and she is not running J, you can use it. After speaking with Dale Bishop, region 11 has a great idea with J class. They let the kids try to plane off and if they can't, they let them pick another prop...It sure would be nice to rig a gyroscopic governor like a Techumseh lawn mower motor runs. Engine under strain, it allows full throttle, such as planing off. Engine working easily, it pulls back the butterfly. That would eliminate alot of BS and rigamarole.

rossdbos
04-02-2007, 07:52 PM
I have already contacted my PWC racers who will gladly be there to bring the kids back in if they don't plane off. Also, they will take them around the course prior to dropping the flag so they know where to go. I don't plan on running them on the 1 1/4 mile course- rather the 7/8 mile (SST-45) course will suit them better- 4 laps instead of 3, flag start, not clock as they have enough to worry about their first time out.
Got it handled and thanks for the help! Like the prop change idea but don't have all day to wait to change prop's with the amount of classes and boats showing up. Maybe we'll come down to S.D. and teach the kid's how to plane off and come in without dumping the throttle 50 ft. from shore.

Also, I own the course (CG Permit) starting on Friday now instead of Saturday morning (thru Sunday night), so if enough rescue show up I am tinkering with the idea of paid testing for the Inboards/SST's and testing for the J's on Friday- but very tentative until I can confirm rescue being onsite. Then it's just a matter of ordering the ambulance (thus the reason for paid testing) and we will be set.
Last, call Sabrina with APBA or email her and ask what numbers are available. I did it today and she let me know what two digit numbers were available, I am letting Jared choose his number tonight and will send the paperwork in via fax tommorrow and he'll be set. I'd advise doing the same if you want control over her number.
I spoke to Jill Beard (Mel's Mom) last Friday and he and his dad (Mike) were spraying his boat. She said he's ready to go racing at Parker. Now it's time to see how many more could show up. Ally, Ann Hoban's Grand-daughter will be there and I would like to give her a ride if her Mom let's her. Like I said, I wouldn't mind getting a fleet of J's together (mine included) for a draw each day so the kids really learn to drive, but we'll have to discuss this at Parker.

Take care,
Ross

Skoontz
04-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Do you have the ridiculously small plates to make an A , a J, Ross? Or, is that something I need to pick up somewhere???

btracer20
04-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Do you have the ridiculously small plates to make an A , a J, Ross? Or, is that something I need to pick up somewhere???

SKOONTZ I HAVE ONE KT CAN HAVE IF SHE IS GOING TO RUN J.
I WILL LOOK TO SEE IF I HAVE TWO INCASE ROSS NEEDS ONE.
DALE

Skoontz
04-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Dale,. I dunno what we would do with out you man!

MissKTdoodle
04-11-2007, 10:24 PM
:( SATURDAY!!!!!!!!! IS GUNNA BE THE BEST DAY EVER! ***BOAT TESTING*** Dad, By the way,I was wondering if I can bring two friends??? (Puppy Dog Beg) :( :( Pweety Pweaze??? haha anyway J (Jalisa) and Corynn want to come... Paul says he might find himself up there to but isn't quite sure, it being desert season still and all, Fox may want him in Ocitillo for a Movie, so I will get back to you on Friday with that...
Have a good night!
KT

Skoontz
04-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Lab report?

MissKTdoodle
04-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Lab report?
Cough Cough BRI Cough Cough
DAD I TOLD YOU THAT BRI IS FAXING IT TO ME AT 7:00

Skoontz
04-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Lab report....Nuff said....

tthibodaux
04-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Lab report....Nuff said....Well??? Hows the boat run?

btracer20
04-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey Kt Measure Your Boat For Your Kneeing Pad
And Post The Measurements And I Will Send A Pad Down
With The Cut Suit
Dale

Skoontz
04-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Dale:

Pad size, 16"x48" Thank you for everything. Now assuming all her assignments are turned in on time, we will be racing Saturday and Sunday.

btracer20
04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Skoontz
I Will Sent Out The Cut Suit And Pad Tomorrow.
Dale

Skoontz
04-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Dale:

Thank you for everything!

Howzz 71.459 sound in Misson Bay?

David Mason
04-17-2007, 10:07 AM
School work first, and decent grades. Boat racing second. PERIOD.

Ashley has to make good grades or else she does not race. She also has to behave with a good attitude towards others or no race.

Boat racing is an obsession filled with passion. It will be all you want to do, but reality is, you have to acomplish other things so you can boat race. School is one of those. D's and F's are not going to keep you boat racing.
How can you be like a hero to me if you can't race ? I love your enthusiasm and your desire to race. That is what boat racing is all about. Now get cracking on those lab reports and study some to keep grades up. You have fans to keep so get cracking there girl !!! By the way, 71 in your rig is smoking fast !! Way Sic !!!!

GO KT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as I tell Ashley, Girls rule, boys drool.

Scott23
04-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Maybe 61 in ASH. And at that, you would be close to the KILO record. ;)

Skoontz
04-18-2007, 08:45 PM
GPS is screwed up....If I push a button, I can get the boat to do 104......

TThank you all for help and kind words...Dale B.fits great and looks great!

Saturday is soon approaching and now it's tme to dial in the KT Doodle trailer

tthibodaux
04-19-2007, 04:45 AM
GPS is screwed up....If I push a button, I can get the boat to do 104......

TThank you all for help and kind words...Dale B.fits great and looks great!

Saturday is soon approaching and now it's tme to dial in the KT Doodle trailer104 :eek: :D Thats what I'm talking about.;)

Scott23
04-19-2007, 08:38 AM
This guy was going to a race and his kid was playing with the GPS that they just got. After the the second heat race he asked how fast everybody was going. We all were around 75 mph. That was the two top boats. His GPS said 78 mph and he was all excited. He finished last though. The problem was he never resetted max speed before the race.. So make sure you always reset before going on the water. :)

Skoontz
04-23-2007, 06:24 AM
Pictures to follow..Bunkers G/F took hundreds of them, I took a few. First race, she half coursed everyone and with the white waving, she headed to the shore....After seeing dad jump up pointing and screaming, she realizes she had one more lap....Checker is finish...She gets back out, planes off, by now the field ran past her, gets back to speed nearly catching the 2nd place boat ( missed by 20 feet or so), then comes in.

2nd race, they start with her 300 yards behind the pack and she never made up the water.

Sunday, 3rd race....She gets off a good start, but not the best, rounds #1 a little deep, and Mel, driving the 6-U ran by her, as did Jarret in the 18-C. She took a 3rd. She comes in a 14 year old mind you scraming DAD this is a Sihtty prop!!!! Change the @#$#^$%&%^&$% thing....So, I asked Ernie for another..she galvants off down to Hill's trailer and we are approaching the 3 minute gun....Dad's getting nervous and pissed....We struggle to get her gear back on, just in time to go....

Last race. The boats are off, she is a little better on hjer turns, and the Hill's trailer was down at #1, and Ron said she really needs to back off a hair to set her sponson, the kick it about 1/2 way through to get on the pipe earlier...she won the race.

About 12 kids walking by were asking for her autograph...12 kids who, are potential drivers because they were jazzed by seeing all the kids race. Parents, not just of the drivers were on their feet screaming, arms waving, and congratulating everyone after every race. It does not get any better than that.

The weekend brought second overall.

Thanks for everyone, Ernie, Tammy, Jeff, the incredible tri tip meal Hills had on their grille and all the support given.

I cannot forget Dale Bishop from region 11, who if it were not for, we could not have found the equipment necessary to make the race. Now dad's tired as hell, going to work....

MissKTdoodle
04-23-2007, 04:32 PM
I beat those whimpy boys for you!!! I ranked 2nd over all. But first in the final race sunday. I ALMOST flipped. But I did it in honor of you! Good Luck Kid! I hope you the very best when you get started in J. It is a LOT of fun

Dago Fast
04-23-2007, 05:03 PM
I beat those whimpy boys for you!!! I ranked 2nd over all. But first in the final race sunday. I ALMOST flipped. But I did it in honor of you! Good Luck Kid! I hope you the very best when you get started in J. It is a LOT of fun

Miss KT's maiden voyage.

rossdbos
04-23-2007, 05:30 PM
K.T.:
Let's understand something, all three of you were told to line up to make a start, which the boys did, I then called the judges stand and said let them go as I didn't want you all to keep going round and round without lining up but sweetheart you all need to listen and follow directions.
It's all fun and those aren't "whimpy" (spelling) -"Wimpy" boys, make no mistake and let's hope there are a lot more boys and girls that want to come out and play next time. You all had fun and were safe and now it's time to get everyone more "seat time" so the racing is even better. Also, next time all boats will adhere to the prescribed motor rules or will not race.
It was definitely fun to watch you all. Your Dad, Mel's Dad and I were very proud.
Ross Wallach, Race Director SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.

MissKTdoodle
04-23-2007, 06:25 PM
I couldn't go any slower and i wasnt gunna turn around and fall behind. but i STILL WON FAIR AND SQUARE

rossdbos
04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
You were told to cut the course and line up next to each other, not go all the way around.
'Nuff said!
RW

MissKTdoodle
04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
one of the refs told me not to cut the course- too dangerous:D

MissKTdoodle
04-23-2007, 06:30 PM
the main thing though- i had fun! and that counts.

rossdbos
04-23-2007, 06:33 PM
There were way too many people telling all three of you what to do and what not to do. They all meant well. Like I said, it was safe, it was fun and I look forward to coming down to S.D. with Jared and the boat to do some testing so he can get more seat time. At the next event we will all be running the same class so there is no major speed differences, this way you all will have to race each other side by side! That will be too much fun!
Watch out, the "whimpy" boys are looking for some payback!:eek:
Ross:D

Skoontz
04-23-2007, 06:40 PM
She was kidding or I'll kill her, OK guys???? LOL Agreed ross. This was one of the most worthwhile projects if not the most worthwhile project I have ever done.

And yep, we gotta get some SD water time, or if you got a lake by you, we can drive too. I found this very cool hunk of earth in Lakeside with a 25 acre lake between some mountains....Water as blue and smooth as a baby's rear end... It's on Indian land, and might be a great spot for a future stock race course, test site. I'll call the tribal parties at hand and find out what it would take...

Skoontz
04-23-2007, 07:44 PM
It don't get any better than this!

Bunker Hill
04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
KT, Bill,
It doesn't get ANY better!!!!!
The tossing into the water isn't necessarily a Hill tradition.... But it is a good one!!
A real rite of passage,Congrats to all of three J hydro guys, oooops, drivers on a grat fun race
And yes, Bill, a very worthwhile family value filled weekend of fun, family, old and new friends!!

I would love to come down and bring my daughter to hook up with you guys and help test

See you soon,
Bunker

btracer20
04-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Bill & Kt
I Am Glad You Had A Great Time
Wish I Could Have Been Their To See Her First Race
Sometimes Work Sucks.
Dale

bowman
04-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Congrats to KT on a fine race. Can wait to see you grow up and rebel agest your dad and drive a Merc!!!!:D

Good luck at your next race.

Bowman

BrocHill
04-24-2007, 02:32 PM
I got about as wet as KT did but thats ok because it was so hot that day I wish somebody would have thrown myself in but I wasn't lucky enough to win any races.... damn

Managed to get two 3rds but was dq'd for being 2 pounds shy of 700. Damn, if I would have just put 1/3 gallon more of gas or ate a burrito or something.... oh well I can do it once I can do it again or place even better.

The weekend was definatly a fun one filled with alot of family and friend bonding. Can't wait to do it again.... oh, I think I ended up placing in front of Chad again... no sweat.hahaha

MissKTdoodle
04-24-2007, 05:18 PM
There were way too many people telling all three of you what to do and what not to do. They all meant well. Like I said, it was safe, it was fun and I look forward to coming down to S.D. with Jared and the boat to do some testing so he can get more seat time. At the next event we will all be running the same class so there is no major speed differences, this way you all will have to race each other side by side! That will be too much fun!
Watch out, the "whimpy" boys are looking for some payback!:eek:
Ross:D
eek??? tell them to Bring It On!

carl lewis
04-24-2007, 11:58 PM
KT,
First off congrats on getting in the water and racing, I'm sure you had a great time !!

Now starts the learning curve. First and foremost you need to LISTEN to the referee and or race director as per instructions as to how the race will be run and FOLLOW them without saying anything but "yes sir"

I'm sure that Ross and company did a few things different for your class to make sure you all got on the water which is really cool, but every race will not be like that (ask John, Wayne, Ron, Jimbo or anyone with 30 years experience).

Some heats will go great, fast and out front and some will suck big time, maybe your start, maybe someone got the jump and you will be left behind,maybe you got hosed in the first turn or whatever ,well, thats racing... its happened to us all ..

You need to be able to come in after a heat and tell your father how the boat ran, not so much as how you did, but the handling and the speed through the corners and straightway and start a book, keep set up information, a good look at something like this would be go to Wayne's amazing story and look at some of his race/ test data see what he has written. every heat and every race is something different, never like the last one.

Remember first and foremost this is FUN, you have, and will meet some wonderful friends from allover the country and the world if you continue with this sport
Good grades also make a big difference,other race teams will see that you have put time and effort in to school and take it seriously, you might be surprised who might offer you a nice ride in another boat or class as time goes.

Regards,
Carl
94-R

Skoontz
04-25-2007, 04:08 PM
It would appear every teacher should encourage their kids to race J/AXS/A hydros and use that as a tool to get the grades up...KT has raised every grade one full level in every class. With the exception of one incident today, which will be handled between the teacher and myself and KT, she is kicking butt! So, thank you everyone for all the words of encouragement. Thank all the great teachers at Parker this weekend riding herd over KT as she sat after her heat in Hill's pit, doing homework while all the boats ran....I told her had she done this all year, she would have had a 4.0, and, I could easily make the decision to take her out of class for 2 days drive to Minden....We are working logistics now, and would really love to get to that race....

Carl:

I brought your post to her attention and she will be answering you after homework is done. And what you wrote, excellent advice. If she does not tell me what the boat is doing, we can't dial it in any better. she got some great air under it this weekend, and she had good form in the turns, so said everyone who knew what they were looking at. But, as Ron said, she needs to back off the throttle a tad going in, set the left sponson, then half way through get back into it sio when she straightens out, she is into the pipe and can do those cool slingshot moves like I saw Tammy and Jeff do in their C boats.

If I'm not mistaken, you don't necessarily need the fastest boat in a straight line. You just need to manage the course better than anyone out there. Sort of like money. It ain't what you make, it's how you manage it......

MissKTdoodle
04-25-2007, 04:49 PM
KT,
First off congrats on getting in the water and racing, I'm sure you had a great time !!

Now starts the learning curve. First and foremost you need to LISTEN to the referee and or race director as per instructions as to how the race will be run and FOLLOW them without saying anything but "yes sir"

I'm sure that Ross and company did a few things different for your class to make sure you all got on the water which is really cool, but every race will not be like that (ask John, Wayne, Ron, Jimbo or anyone with 30 years experience).

Some heats will go great, fast and out front and some will suck big time, maybe your start, maybe someone got the jump and you will be left behind,maybe you got hosed in the first turn or whatever ,well, thats racing... its happened to us all ..

You need to be able to come in after a heat and tell your father how the boat ran, not so much as how you did, but the handling and the speed through the corners and straightway and start a book, keep set up information, a good look at something like this would be go to Wayne's amazing story and look at some of his race/ test data see what he has written. every heat and every race is something different, never like the last one.

Remember first and foremost this is FUN, you have, and will meet some wonderful friends from allover the country and the world if you continue with this sport
Good grades also make a big difference,other race teams will see that you have put time and effort in to school and take it seriously, you might be surprised who might offer you a nice ride in another boat or class as time goes.

Regards,
Carl
94-R
Carl,
Yeah,
Thank You for being supportive- along with the rest of the people!
I have raised most of my grades for or 5 grade levels :D :D
I look forward to going to Minden, California.
I did tell my dad how the boat ran.
Chad Hill,
Getting my grades up was hard... (kinda)
If you didn't read the top I got most of my grades up except for one, 4 or 5 grade levels.
It took me one week and a half to do that.
Thank You for letting me have fun at the races haha

Joe J
04-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Skoontz:

I can offer you one other piece of advice, which my dad always preached to me.

Everyone on the beach will offer KT advice, the trick is to pick one or two people, and only take their advice, since they will all have different ideas on how to do things.

I was to listen ONLY to my dad and Ted May, no others.

When Lauren started racing, she was told to listen to myself and one other person for driving tips. We were at the divisionals a few years ago and Jimbo started giving her tips, I then had to amend my rule to include him.

Hopefully we will see you @ Minden.

Joe

MissKTdoodle
04-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Skoontz:

I can offer you one other piece of advice, which my dad always preached to me.

Everyone on the beach will offer KT advice, the trick is to pick one or two people, and only take their advice, since they will all have different ideas on how to do things.

I was to listen ONLY to my dad and Ted May, no others.

When Lauren started racing, she was told to listen to myself and one other person for driving tips. We were at the divisionals a few years ago and Jimbo started giving her tips, I then had to amend my rule to include him.

Hopefully we will see you @ Minden.

Joe
Joe-
Yeah we are going to Minden. That will be an exciting drive :D
Hope to meet you there!
KT

MissKTdoodle
04-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Congrats to KT on a fine race. Can wait to see you grow up and rebel agest your dad and drive a Merc!!!!:D

Good luck at your next race.

Bowman
I want an D Stock Hydro...
The Dad jsut says that they are too squirrely...
They sound FUNN:D

David Mason
04-26-2007, 08:41 AM
KT,

I knew you could do it !!! A First Place finish in your first weekend !! And to boot your grades are improving, SWEET !! or rather that is just way to SIC !!! COming form my nearly 30 years experience racing, you are my hero !! Keep up the good work, and you will be kicking some serious boy azz. Remember to wink at them as you go past !!!

Can't wait to hear about your next race !!

Boat Racing is not a passion, it is an obsession !!!

MissKTdoodle
04-26-2007, 05:31 PM
YEAH!!!!
WHO'S A RUNNERUP IN MINDEN???
No challenges... that is cool.
guess i gotta take 1st place...
hhaaha

KT,

I knew you could do it !!! A First Place finish in your first weekend !! And to boot your grades are improving, SWEET !! or rather that is just way to SIC !!! COming form my nearly 30 years experience racing, you are my hero !! Keep up the good work, and you will be kicking some serious boy azz. Remember to wink at them as you go past !!!

Can't wait to hear about your next race !!

Boat Racing is not a passion, it is an obsession !!!

Skoontz
04-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Dave:

I was looking at the schedule for summer.....We have family in Illinois, Depue is too soon, unfortunately, but, I saw a Michigan race in July or August I thought that just might fit. I'm so proud if Kt, and all the California J kids. To see the faces of them when comming in or listening to the pros, (Ernie, Tammy, Jeff) it was awesome!

I have determined the J hydro can easily take the place of the skateboard!

MissKTdoodle
04-26-2007, 07:30 PM
:D :D :D
Dave:

I was looking at the schedule for summer.....We have family in Illinois, Depue is too soon, unfortunately, but, I saw a Michigan race in July or August I thought that just might fit. I'm so proud if Kt, and all the California J kids. To see the faces of them when comming in or listening to the pros, (Ernie, Tammy, Jeff) it was awesome!

I have determined the J hydro can easily take the place of the skateboard!
NAH DAD-
J Hydro can't do that...
Skating is fun.
Sorry Pops you are just to old to understand :D
Just Kidding...
But seriously won't happen

David Mason
04-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Midwest folks are pretty friendly, especially in MI. If you can work it out, would love to get you in MI for a race. There are a couple NBRA races in IL as well you might want to check out. In Centrallia IL and Shelbyville IL. They run Novice, and KT's rig is a legal novice rig. I hope to be at both of those as well.

KT, you can enjoy both equally, but you will find boat racing addictions last forever, and skateboards last almost forever. Trust me... I know. You know what is really SIC, you go to college somewhere there are a lot of boat races, and I am sure you will find someone to keep your rig close by and you can race during college !

No pressure on you, but you better try to win at Minden !! Bets are rolling in already !! hehehe. Main thing is, to try to do well, and most important, have fun. Never give up trying to improve. Even old racers learn a trick or two driving each year.

Just think, you keep bringing those grades up, and you can soon turn it around to your dad to get you a new rig, or move up a class, etc !! See how it works !! :D :D :D I will be more than happy to help out in that aspect if at all possible. Keep your grades up, and keep on trying to win when racing, and you might get a big discount on a new boat......

MissKTdoodle
04-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Midwest folks are pretty friendly, especially in MI. If you can work it out, would love to get you in MI for a race. There are a couple NBRA races in IL as well you might want to check out. In Centrallia IL and Shelbyville IL. They run Novice, and KT's rig is a legal novice rig. I hope to be at both of those as well.

KT, you can enjoy both equally, but you will find boat racing addictions last forever, and skateboards last almost forever. Trust me... I know. You know what is really SIC, you go to college somewhere there are a lot of boat races, and I am sure you will find someone to keep your rig close by and you can race during college !

No pressure on you, but you better try to win at Minden !! Bets are rolling in already !! hehehe. Main thing is, to try to do well, and most important, have fun. Never give up trying to improve. Even old racers learn a trick or two driving each year.

Just think, you keep bringing those grades up, and you can soon turn it around to your dad to get you a new rig, or move up a class, etc !! See how it works !! :D :D :D I will be more than happy to help out in that aspect if at all possible. Keep your grades up, and keep on trying to win when racing, and you might get a big discount on a new boat......
Will do...
Bets are rolling already???
How much has it gone up to?
ahha:D

girls race 2
04-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Way to go KT. I new you could do it. You make us girls look good. Sorry I have not been on my computer in a while. I was playing a game and not my home work and dad took the computer away for two weeks. I won't do that again. GIRLS RULE.............:D

Skoontz
04-30-2007, 06:21 AM
Syndney:

Listen to your dad. He knows best. Homeowrk is very important and is one of the most important things you do. KT's racing time is going to be drastically effected by weather or not she pulls good grades in school, and she is working her head off trying to keep everything up. I know you are a little too young to think about colleges, but they start looking at grades from 8th grade on. Doing homework now helps you train for when it gets harder when you get bigger. Colleges also look at alot of other things besides grades. They want well rounded people in school. So, along with the god grades KT is going to have this year, she also belongs to National Charity League (NCL) she volunteers at the local animal shelter nd she also has a dog walking a pet baby sitting business so she can earn some mo ney to help pay for racing. Along with what I just mentioned, she also is a member of APBA which can be added to her college resume.

We were wondering where you were at, so keep that homework on track and we can see you soon!

David Mason
04-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Will do...
Bets are rolling already???
How much has it gone up to?
ahha:D

It is not legal to bet on boat racing in the U.S.. :D :D :D

Git yer butt to doing some homework and doing good in school so I can have some beer money after your next race !! I mean some soda pop money.:rolleyes:

Ever used a carbon fiber board ? (skate)

MissKTdoodle
04-30-2007, 03:40 PM
It is not legal to bet on boat racing in the U.S..

Git yer butt to doing some homework and doing good in school so I can have some beer money after your next race !! I mean some soda pop money.

Ever used a carbon fiber board ? (skate)
Yeah those things are gnarley. My friend Ryan has one. They don't break
OH well, Japan is rooting for me...
haha We looked up Miss KTdoodle on google yesterday and like a million things with me and some Japanese thing popped up...
:D :D :D

MissKTdoodle
04-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Way to go KT. I new you could do it. You make us girls look good. Sorry I have not been on my computer in a while. I was playing a game and not my home work and dad took the computer away for two weeks. I won't do that again. GIRLS RULE.............:D
Well,
Good for your Dad taking away the computer.
You need to listen to him. I figured out that not listening to them gets you in a LOT of trouble.
When you don't listen to him they tend to tell the whole word about *COUGH COUGH DAD COUGH COUGH COUGH* and it doesn't give you a good feeling knowing that ALL of Hydroracer.net and ALL of Boatracingfacts.com knows about your problem!
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
KT:D

tthibodaux
04-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks guys..;) Sydney just needs to keep things straight. Disney.com around this house never comes before homework. She got my point and she hates me to be dissapointed in her so it won't happen again.

Having Curtis Nunez and his SST120 at my house for the next 2 weeks really makes her itch to go fast I can tell you that.:eek: :D :D

MissKTdoodle
04-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys.. Sydney just needs to keep things straight. Disney.com around this house never comes before homework. She got my point and she hates me to be dissapointed in her so it won't happen again.

Having Curtis Nunez and his SST120 at my house for the next 2 weeks really makes her itch to go fast I can tell you that.
No Problem Tim!
I have a problem with homework... Or I should say HAD.
I can tell that Sydney is Daddy's Little Girl, like me.
My dad is my hero also.
If I ever make it down to Texas I PROMISE that I will stop by and let Sydney play with my boat.
She and I just need to do our homework :D
Sydney- Disney.com was a fun site when I was a kid but the more important stuff is HOMEWORK!!!
- No MATTER HOW BORING IT WILL HELP YOU GET THROUGH Middle School and High School.
Me having bad habits at your age made me have worse habits now.
But ALL of that is being fixed!
Have fun racing Tim!
Sydney I hope I taught you a little something...
My Fingers hurt now ahah
good night

David Mason
05-01-2007, 08:27 AM
A teenager, KT, saying to do her homework and listen to her parents ?? And she also said Gnarley. hehehehee, a blast from the past.

Sometimes we all need a little push, kids and adults alike. Keep it up KT and all the kids, the precedent has been set !!!

MissKTdoodle
05-01-2007, 12:27 PM
A teenager, KT, saying to do her homework and listen to her parents ?? And she also said Gnarley. hehehehee, a blast from the past.

Sometimes we all need a little push, kids and adults alike. Keep it up KT and all the kids, the precedent has been set !!!
Yes,
a lot of us do...
ESPECIALLY Teens...
We kind of speak and "express" our mind...
AKA STUBBORN
haha

Skoontz
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM
This is an E-mail I got from KT's Ms. Munoz, KT's English teacher today. This from a D and one race later, look....

Mr. Schwab, Katie is doing a great job in our English class. She has really turned around and is presenting a mature positive attitude. We will definitely keep an eye on her but I am impressed with the changes I have seen in her and I really appreciate the initiative she has taken to come in after school for help. thanks, Jennifer

I know this will embarass the crap of of her, but ya gotta know, from loosing my hair worrying to so proud, I can't say enough....

MissKTdoodle
05-01-2007, 07:13 PM
This is an E-mail I got from KT's Ms. Munoz, KT's English teacher today. This from a D and one race later, look....

Mr. Schwab, Katie is doing a great job in our English class. She has really turned around and is presenting a mature positive attitude. We will definitely keep an eye on her but I am impressed with the changes I have seen in her and I really appreciate the initiative she has taken to come in after school for help. thanks, Jennifer

I know this will embarass the crap of of her, but ya gotta know, from loosing my hair worrying to so proud, I can't say enough....
Oh MY GOD!!!
THAT IS FREAKING EMBARRASSING
TAKE IT OFF NOW!!!

tthibodaux
05-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh MY GOD!!!
THAT IS FREAKING EMBARRASSING
TAKE IT OFF NOW!!!:p :D :D

MissKTdoodle
05-01-2007, 09:37 PM
:p :D :D
THANKS TIM!!!
YOU ARE soooooooo supportive!:mad:

David Mason
05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Don't let your friends see that !!! hehehehehe.

Take it easy, you should be proud your teacher took the time to send that !

Laugh it off and lets hope it does not circulate...

MissKTdoodle
05-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Don't let your friends see that !!! hehehehehe.

Take it easy, you should be proud your teacher took the time to send that !

Laugh it off and lets hope it does not circulate...
hahaha
my dad talks to the teachers daily
so it isn't unusual
it is just dumb that he put it up haha

Ron Hill
05-03-2007, 03:50 PM
KT, I talked to your dad today and said..........Hmmm, nothing about your school work...We talked RACING!!!!

Just watch "Leave it to Beaver" reruns, and copy Eddie Haskell and school will become a piece of cake......Trust me....

We, Broc and I, aren't going to Minden but plan to make Salt Springs in June...Sounds like you guys will be doing the same....

ADD: Study the teacher...If they like motorcycles, be interested in motorcycles...If they SAIL, change classes!!!! (You can always work something out with inboards and outboards.......But sailboats......)...

MissKTdoodle
05-03-2007, 04:21 PM
KT, I talked to your dad today and said..........Hmmm, nothing about your school work...We talked RACING!!!!

Just watch "Leave it to Beaver" reruns, and copy Eddie Haskell and school will become a piece of cake......Trust me....

We, Broc and I, aren't going to Minden but plan to make Salt Springs in June...Sounds like you guys will be doing the same....

ADD: Study the teacher...If they like motorcycles, be interested in motorcycles...If they SAIL, change classes!!!! (You can always work something out with inboards and outboards.......But sailboats......)...
hahaha
Thanks Ron!
They actually remade "Leave It To Beaver" but it turned into a movie
Eddie Haskell seemed like a "smooth talking guy" ahha
Yeah we are chillen' at Laguna Beach for mother's day with the family
... i would rather be at the races
but i gotta follow dad. haha

tthibodaux
05-03-2007, 08:35 PM
:D

I can't wait to read this thread when I get home at night.;) :D Do your homework KT..:p :D

MissKTdoodle
05-03-2007, 08:44 PM
:D

I can't wait to read this thread when I get home at night.;) :D Do your homework KT..:p :D

I ACTUALLY finished my home work before 8 PM!!!
YEAH ME!!!
How many teachers are on BRF???
Haha Just Wondering...

David Mason
05-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Soon all of them will be on here keeping an eye on you !! :D :D :D :D :D

MissKTdoodle
05-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Soon all of them will be on here keeping an eye on you !! :D :D :D :D :D
FOR REALS
god... haha

tthibodaux
05-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey KT, when is the next race?

MissKTdoodle
05-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey KT, when is the next race?
That I am going to?
ummmm... June 2nd
it is in Copperopolis

Skoontz
05-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Debateable, Tim. First, the lack of usable water, due to idiocy like the long eared winged bat might become extint or some nonsense like that.

Then, great venues like Longbeach, and the thunderboat races in San Diego in September, and, little to no time on the water. On one hand, we want to promote and bring in new blood to the sport. On the other, the largest venues of people available, and we can't find 15 minutes to run a J class so all the spectators can see what it all about.

I know Ross is working on Long Beach, and I'm going to take a shot at the thunderboat races. I usuallu get what I want when I set my mind to it, and I figure there is nothing to loose by becomming a PIA to the governign powers at be.

Aside from all the unnecessary BS putting a rig together, the water situation in Southern Cal is very frustratiing and frankly disturbing. I got an awesome lake, 20 minutes from me, Lake Hodges, but, some yarpidellic knit wit put a speed limit on it. We got the Carlsbad Lagoon, 15 minutes north, but, the drag boaters of the 60's fame kind of took that one into the tank.

So, we can go 400 miles north, while at the same time work hard and heavy on getting some runnable water for the kids. Looks like Coperopolis in June is next....

girls race 2
05-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi KT. Daddy said I was going to get a picture with your autograph on it. :D so cool. I get to go watch dad race this weekend again. I cant wait. Talk to you soon. Dad said bed time. Sydney.

MissKTdoodle
05-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi KT. Daddy said I was going to get a picture with your autograph on it. :D so cool. I get to go watch dad race this weekend again. I cant wait. Talk to you soon. Dad said bed time. Sydney.
Okay Sydney!
Yes as soon as I get the Pictures I will send it to you!
Okay Goodnight!
KT

MissKTdoodle
05-15-2007, 07:37 PM
MY BOATS PICTURES .... :( :o

MissKTdoodle
05-15-2007, 07:54 PM
more pictures!!!

David Mason
05-16-2007, 09:23 AM
On the crack KT, ge tsome West, and just fill that crack, don't waste time trying to piece a new piece in, that is some very minor damage. Hell, I would race it the next heat as is were i racing it. Duct tape is a good thing.

Skoontz
05-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Dave:

Thank you for the advice. I may have to do some more work aside from the crack. I think the transom needs to be raised, as the motor is a 1/2" low and there is no meat on the transom to raise rit anymore. Since we have a stepped bottom, I have to use a 4' straight edge across each step to adjust the prop shaft angle, and then measure 1.375 down. So, I'm thinking tape, then epoxy for the crack, and glad you backed me up on that, I thought I may need to cut the deck. The tunnel arond the driver needed alot of work anyway. It was as rough as a first pulled plug for a new boat mold usually is and I would love to make a smooth tunnel and incorporate a windshield for her.

We have to find some close to home water so we can test more safely....I'm going to check out the lake on the Indian reservation I found and see if we can sanction a race there....

MissKTdoodle
05-16-2007, 03:03 PM
On the crack KT, ge tsome West, and just fill that crack, don't waste time trying to piece a new piece in, that is some very minor damage. Hell, I would race it the next heat as is were i racing it. Duct tape is a good thing.
I HATE DUCT TAPE!!!
My friend Chris Hagerl was telling me Duct Tape is a good thing too.
HAHA
You probably know him
He is going to UNM- University of Northern Michigan

David Mason
05-18-2007, 08:09 AM
We call it 100MPH tape......... remember that and stock up on it. Rubbing is racing.

I know Chris, and Amanda, she races to. Speaking of them, Hope Don recovered well from his surgery, saw them up at UOM when my mom was in there for her surgery.

Skoontz,

If you need a new nose piece let me know, mine incorporate a windshield. I will make you a heck of deal on one. I think Ernie Dawes there in CA do as well ?

Skoontz
05-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Dave:

I don't think the Dawecraft noses will work on this boat. We need one that will stick out in the center and I think Ernies mount flush at the hull with nothing sticking out....I'll dig out some pictures to see....But yeah, Ernie is sure alot closer than you or the other guy in Mass and if that works, that would make more sense.

I also need to ask him as well as Roger Carr about the motor hieght/transom depth with a stepped bottom as well.

Ron Hill
05-18-2007, 09:27 AM
It is a know fact that you can't race Kneeldown Boats without DUCT TAPE.

I once cut my shoulder on Carl Meyers B Runabout windshield (I drove Carl's number two rig all year and ended up High Point in the club), first heat out on a Saturday, Divisionals 1963, ambulance people felt I needed stitches....I just duct taped it together and left it for a week...and kept racing...

I was High Point driver both days in a combined Stock and Alky Divisionals....

Bottom Line about Dawe cowlings... A Dawe cowling is the front of the OLD STYLE Hoffman 45 capsule... And KT Doodle, the one on your boat was made at my shop and Ernie put it on...

Ernie buys these nose pieces from me...He has two on order now. One for Jeff Conant's new A Hydro. And One for Marlee Hill's new J Hydro.

Old pictures of Chad's first 45, 14 years ago, a Dawe 45 with Hoffman Capsule....A Rod Bahner Custom paint job...

MissKTdoodle
05-18-2007, 02:58 PM
We call it 100MPH tape......... remember that and stock up on it. Rubbing is racing.

I know Chris, and Amanda, she races to. Speaking of them, Hope Don recovered well from his surgery, saw them up at UOM when my mom was in there for her surgery.

Skoontz,

If you need a new nose piece let me know, mine incorporate a windshield. I will make you a heck of deal on one. I think Ernie Dawes there in CA do as well ?
Yeah I have heard a lot of good things about Mandy too.
Yeah Ernie makes Nose pieces too.
He is the oone that made the nose peice for my boat the 1st time she flipped.

MissKTdoodle
05-18-2007, 03:00 PM
It is a know fact that you can't race Kneeldown Boats without DUCT TAPE.

I once cut my shoulder on Carl Meyers B Runabout windshield (I drove Carl's number two rig all year and ended up High Point in the club), first heat out on a Saturday, Divisionals 1963, ambulance people felt I needed stitches....I just duct taped it together and left it for a week...and kept racing...

I was High Point driver both days in a combined Stock and Alky Divisionals....

Bottom Line about Dawe cowlings... A Dawe cowling is the front of the OLD STYLE Hoffman 45 capsule... And KT Doodle, the one on your boat was made at my shop and Ernie put it on...

Ernie buys these nose pieces from me...He has two on order now. One for Jeff Conant's new A Hydro. And One for Marlee Hill's new J Hydro.

Old pictures of Chad's first 45, 14 years ago, a Dawe 45 with Hoffman Capsule....A Rod Bahner Custom paint job...
Cool okay! My Mistake Dave- Ron made pthe nose piece.
and Nice pictures... What happened to the last one?

tthibodaux
05-20-2007, 10:06 AM
KT and Bill, we have an AOF race Labor day weekend in Alexandria La. about 3 hrs. from here that you guys should come and race at. It would be cool to get to meet you guys.;) I spoke with Connie Payne at the AOF office and she and I are gonna try and get the Tri Hulls to race also. VERY COOL if we can make it happen.

DKL
05-20-2007, 10:26 AM
I would be interested also, perhaps some of the other 45's local would want to do it as well. I would do anything to get more local races going for us here,
3 just isn't enough. Pineville/Alexandria is only 5-6 hrs away. IF Sport cant do it maybe AOF can!!! As I see it theres to many divisions and drivers are spread out with limited opportunity, especially down here in our region.

I just want to race the darn boat without having to drive a 1000 miles

Skoontz
05-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Please either let me k now what you think or destroy the idea with constructive criticsms...

KT's boat is 8 1/2' long. It can be, hard to plane, even though if we use cleaver props rather than dog ears, it will come up fine with little rocking...Her transom is too low based off the 1 3/8" gauge in the rule book....So, what would occur if I made an adjustable aluminum transom, weight, 3.5 lbs and we have that to spare, that would cantilever the hydro which would in effect plane the boat faster....Or, will this not work or not allowed on a hydro? I did not see anything specifically barring adjustable transoms, so long as they remain fixed from start to finish in the race....This just might give her the extra length I think she needs to make it more stable.....

So, good idea, bad idea, too much coffee this morning????? whad da ya think?????

David Mason
05-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Check your P.M. I tried to reply to your PM but it told me your PM box was full. I have some answers to the questions you asked me.

What is your email, I can send you an email. PM me or something.

Dave

Skoontz
05-21-2007, 06:01 AM
Dave:

Should accept messages now....E-mail uniscaper@cox.net.

Thanks

MissKTdoodle
05-21-2007, 03:14 PM
KT and Bill, we have an AOF race Labor day weekend in Alexandria La. about 3 hrs. from here that you guys should come and race at. It would be cool to get to meet you guys.;) I spoke with Connie Payne at the AOF office and she and I are gonna try and get the Tri Hulls to race also. VERY COOL if we can make it happen.
Sounds fun!
I don't know gotta ask the father... haha AKA DAD and AKA Dads

MissKTdoodle
05-23-2007, 07:08 PM
I just realized that Copperopolis is NEXT WEEK!!!:cool: I guess I better get working on that boat of mine... Ron do you have a Carbon fiberglass nose peice??? That I can get before the races? Because I am pretty much screwed if I don't get one. And Any suggestions for the nice tear in the sponson?:D I have no idea what to do... I just hope that my leg and back and neck and ribs quit acting up before the races. It has been what? 2 weeks since the flip?:eek: I think I shouldn' t feel a thing. Whatever. If anyone has suggestions let me know! Thanks!
-KT

David Mason
05-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I just realized that Copperopolis is NEXT WEEK!!!:cool: I guess I better get working on that boat of mine... Ron do you have a Carbon fiberglass nose peice??? That I can get before the races? Because I am pretty much screwed if I don't get one. And Any suggestions for the nice tear in the sponson?:D I have no idea what to do... I just hope that my leg and back and neck and ribs quit acting up before the races. It has been what? 2 weeks since the flip?:eek: I think I shouldn' t feel a thing. Whatever. If anyone has suggestions let me know! Thanks!
-KT

Don't worry about it for next week, stick some epoxy into the crack on the deck, and duct tape the nose piece for now. She will hold up.

Scott23
05-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Some white duct tape!! It comes in handy for boat racing. Then when you have more time you can fill the crack and repaint. :cool:

MissKTdoodle
05-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Don't worry about it for next week, stick some epoxy into the crack on the deck, and duct tape the nose piece for now. She will hold up.
URG!!! DUCT TAPE!!!! :( :mad:

MissKTdoodle
05-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Some white duct tape!! It comes in handy for boat racing. Then when you have more time you can fill the crack and repaint. :cool:
i guess that that is my only other option... I don't like duct tape but i guess i gotta use it :mad:

btracer20
05-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey Katie
If You Come To Salt Springs I Will Bring Some Epoxie And Fiber
Glass. We Will Get You Fixed Up.
Dale:)

MissKTdoodle
05-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey Katie
If You Come To Salt Springs I Will Bring Some Epoxie And Fiber
Glass. We Will Get You Fixed Up.
I have no Idea Dale-
I got a race next week and it is Region 11. Are you going to be there?

btracer20
05-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Yes Katie
I Will Be Their.
Salt Springs And Copperopolis Are The Same Place
Copperopolis Is The Town,
Salt Springs Is The Lake.

MissKTdoodle
05-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Yes Katie
I Will Be Their.
Salt Springs And Copperopolis Are The Same Place
Copperopolis Is The Town,
Salt Springs Is The Lake.
OH Okay!
Yeah i am going there....
My dad wants me to get into a mini GT there i think?

MissKTdoodle
05-26-2007, 12:56 PM
WOW now I really think I need to be in the boat racing Encyclopedia... I just basically got myself sponsored by Abercrombie and Fitch AND there sister companies- Hollister and Abercrombie!!!

Skoontz
05-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Based on H/W performance and school logisitics, we won't be at Copperopolis.... We will be considering Marysville, and it looks as though the whole family might be going! Dale, good luck to you and your niece, and thank you for all the generous help you have given us along the way!

MissKTdoodle
05-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Based on H/W performance and school logisitics, we won't be at Copperopolis.... We will be considering Marysville, and it looks as though the whole family might be going! Dale, good luck to you and your niece, and thank you for all the generous help you have given us along the way!
Hey Dad-
No thanks don't really want to goto Marysville. I told you I AM DOING MY HOMEWORK AND MAKE UP WORK THIS WEEKEND!!! You KNOW that I am doing ALL my homework this weekend.

MissKTdoodle
06-06-2007, 08:54 PM
To Ernie and Darel:
I have my boat... The Miss KTDoodle- She is a good boat but I have one problem:
Miss KTDoodle IS NOT A rough water boat.
I am seriously considering on getting another boat. I have heard great things about both of your boats. If you can PLEASE PM me that would be great.
If you aren't able to than I'm sure you will get a call from me on the weekend and if not- I will be at Oroville ready to sit down and talk about it!
Thank You!
KT

Skoontz
06-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Anyone who has either Daryl Sorenson or Ernie Dawes #'s can you please forward through my or KT's PM please?

KT, they will get back to you...

mercguy
06-06-2007, 09:25 PM
you can't go wrong with a Dawecraft, I have raced them for years now and they are great boats, handle rough water great and are pretty darn fast. One of the fastest OSY hydros in the country (Tony Lombardo's US2) is a Dawe and a dominant hydro in Reg11. I still race my Dawecraft CSR.

Ernie Dawe
760-347-3287
dawecraftboats@aol.com

PS: Ernie is also probably one of the fastest boat builders out there (Frank Zorkan can build a boat in a week also)........

Darrell also does a fine job..........

PS: Gary Lewis used to dominate Cali in 20SSH (US1) and CSH racing Dawecrafts.

MissKTdoodle
06-06-2007, 09:59 PM
you can't go wrong with a Dawecraft, I have raced them for years now and they are great boats, handle rough water great and are pretty darn fast. One of the fastest OSY hydros in the country (Tony Lombardo's) is a Dawe and a dominant hydro in Reg11. I still race my Dawecraft CSR.

Ernie Dawe
760-347-3287
dawecraftboats@aol.com

PS: Ernie is also probably one of the fastest boat builders out there (Frank Zorkan can build a boat in a week also)........

Darrell also does a fine job..........

PS: Gary Lewis used to dominate Cali in 20SSH (US1) and CSH racing Dawecrafts.
Thank you Mercguy for your information on the DaweCraft!
I still need to interview both men.
Thank You!
KT
P.S. EVERYONE I GOT AN AVATAR THING AND I CAN DRAW haha

mercguy
06-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Thank you Mercguy for your information on the DaweCraft!
I still need to interview both men.
Thank You!
KT
P.S. EVERYONE I GOT AN AVATAR THING AND I CAN DRAW haha

I would safely bet that Ernie and Darrell have as much boat racing/building experience as any one here...........

RichardKCMo
06-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey , Daren first time i ever saw staples in a race boat, was a Dawecraft in about mid 70s at mission bay , the way i see it go fast who cares if it lasts?

Point Being , who cares if you win???
Do you race Mike, oops lipslip.

RichardKCMo.:p

mercury400m
06-07-2007, 08:15 AM
hehe upgradeing there KT :eek: meh atleast ull have the boat in the water before i do =p what u gunna be running on it????

Dew1us
06-07-2007, 12:45 PM
KT races JSH (Junior Stock Hydro). It will either have a 15hp omc or 15hp mercury with restrictor plates in it. They can get up to speeds of around 40.

MissKTdoodle
06-07-2007, 03:04 PM
KT races JSH (Junior Stock Hydro). It will either have a 15hp omc or 15hp mercury with restrictor plates in it. They can get up to speeds of around 40.

NAh- A, AXS and J and it is a 15hp Johnson/OMC

MissKTdoodle
06-07-2007, 03:08 PM
hehe upgradeing there KT :eek: meh atleast ull have the boat in the water before i do =p what u gunna be running on it????
A AXS and J

Scott23
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
My Sorenson Hydro

mercguy
06-07-2007, 06:46 PM
My Sorenson Hydro

Scott, where did that rig end up???

mercguy
06-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey , Daren first time i ever saw staples in a race boat, was a Dawecraft in about mid 70s at mission bay , the way i see it go fast who cares if it lasts?

Point Being , who cares if you win???
Do you race Mike, oops lipslip.

RichardKCMo.:p

they last, as long as they are finished properly (same as any other wood boat). I think I (and Gary Lewis) made Ernie step up and make the boats much better and last alot longer than they used to.

race Mike........not EVER likely, as he is "skeered".......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mark75H
06-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Downloads 5 times faster and automatically opens inline without other software

Did mention how much I hate .pdf's for viewing online? :) Oh, yeah, its a re-run :)

tthibodaux
06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Thank you Sam... Another job well done.;) Sweet ride.

MissKTdoodle
06-07-2007, 08:50 PM
My Sorenson Hydro
WOW! I love that boat... you said it was good looking, it definately is!

Scott23
06-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks Mark for reformatting the pic. Not the greatest with computers.
Darren, the Hoot's bought the boat awhile ago. I don't know where it is now.

Skoontz
06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
With the exception of the air traps that were cut forward by Bill Rucker on the KTDoodle, that boat looks very similar to a Lovecraft.

DKL
06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Not to get off the subject but does anyone know who that cute gal is on page 2 of the June APBA propeller magazine, the one in the middle with the BIG smile!!! Wonder who that could be ???????

MissKTdoodle
06-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Not to get off the subject but does anyone know who that cute gal is on page 2 of the June APBA propeller magazine, the one in the middle with the BIG smile!!! Wonder who that could be ???????
Hmmm... I dunno... Who might that be? AND evern better about 15 pages in they talk about me! haha

DKL
06-08-2007, 11:02 PM
I thought that might get a reply, congratulations CALIFORNIA GIRL !!! you did well, check out the story of the Highlands Tx race,I am the only 45 driver that did not get my picture in that article,there Ruben, Christina and Tiffany, and Fill In Chris but no Doug, Oh well

I hope you get that boat fixed , we all look foreward to hearing about your next race, have a great summer KT!!

btw, I have a 13 yr old daughter but we do not have any clases down here for her to race,she wants my 45 when she turns 16, I don't know about that!!!

Doug

Skoontz
06-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Doug:

We may be comming your way, there is a race on the boarder of TX and LA somewhere, Tim T found it...Because boat racing has seemed to motivate KT as well as it has, her grades are comming up, FAST, the deal of the 2008 is if she holds a consistent 3.0, and makes that climb, no matter what, we will take her out of school to race, but if the average drops, no race. We are going to Moses Lake, later this year, and probably Michigan sometime. No dates set as of yet. The boat deck will be fixed later today, then on Tuesday I'm gettingan awesome new Dave Mason special nose, which we will video as it is being fitted to the boat. Then repaint. I have to put pistons back in the motor and see what if anything I can do to make it run better with that ridiculous and disgusting half inch hole choking device that is called a restrictor plate. So, a full week for the KTDoodle, and we won't get any test time, as she graduates Friday, we are packing Thursday, having lunch at an oceanfront restaraut, with rig on back of truck, then driving 582 miles to Oroville.

We are worse than you for races, because there is all this incredible water nesteled between mountains within 20 minutes of our home....and wind free in many cases smooth as glass.....hydro and tunnel water for sure..... yet, because of speical interest organizations worrying about the mating habbitat of the long eared galloot and it's cohabitants, (see photo) we can't use the water.... So, I make fuel from old restaraunt grease for .67 a gallon, and we drive down the road smelling like a bag of french fries.....Makes alot of sense, ban boat racing from water bodies, so racers drive 500 miles to get water....What is worse for the habbitat of the long eared galloot, the emmisions we burn in the 500 mile run, or the short term use of water twice a year? Draconian logic for sure....

Stay tuned for more from the KTDoodle camp...She is interviewing for a new boat this weekend...

MissKTdoodle
06-09-2007, 10:14 AM
I thought that might get a reply, congratulations CALIFORNIA GIRL !!! you did well, check out the story of the Highlands Tx race,I am the only 45 driver that did not get my picture in that article,there Ruben, Christina and Tiffany, and Fill In Chris but no Doug, Oh well

I hope you get that boat fixed , we all look foreward to hearing about your next race, have a great summer KT!!

btw, I have a 13 yr old daughter but we do not have any clases down here for her to race,she wants my 45 when she turns 16, I don't know about that!!!

Doug
Haha-
Yeah...
I told Ron I want that Revolution of his now haha.
I don't think he wants to let me have it yet...

Skoontz
06-09-2007, 10:28 AM
How bout lets work on figuring out what rough water hydro to put you in first. You got 2 years before APBA will let you run a 45, and a tunnel is alot different than a hydro....But, start doing well enough on the hydro and we can sell a whole bunch of advertising space on the sides of the tunnel.....

MissKTdoodle
06-09-2007, 10:47 AM
How bout lets work on figuring out what rough water hydro to put you in first. You got 2 years before APBA will let you run a 45, and a tunnel is alot different than a hydro....But, start doing well enough on the hydro and we can sell a whole bunch of advertising space on the sides of the tunnel.....
1ST SPONSOR.... ABERCROMBIE AND *ITCH... OOPs I meant Fitch hahaha:D
Sorenson or a DaweCraft

MissKTdoodle
06-10-2007, 01:09 AM
<TABLE class=info_table cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=label></TD><TD>FOR ALL YOU CALIFORNIA PEOPLE!!!
You know you're from California when...../Californians are better because............

Everyone hates cops

You live next door to mexicans

You say "like" and "for sure" and "right on" and "dude" and "totally" and "peace out" and "chill" and "tight" and "bro" and "hell of" and "hella"(Nor Cal only) and "faded" and "stoked" and "fo sho" and you say them often

You know what real cheese taste like.

You don't get snowdays off because theres only snow in Mammoth, Tahoe, Shasta, and Big Bear.

You can wear sandals all year long.

You go to the Beach - not "down to the shore."

You know 65 mph really means 100.

When someone cuts you off, they get the horn and the finger and high speed chase cuz we dont mess around on the road.

Our governor can kick your governors a**.

You can go out at midnight.

You judge people based on what area code they live in, and when asked where you're from, you give your area code.

You might get looked at funny by locals when you're on vacation in their state, but when they find out you're from California you turn into a Greek GOD.

We don't stop at stop signs... we do a "california roll"
No cop no stop baby!

You can get fresh and REAL Mexican food 24 hours a day.

All the TV shows you "other" states watch get filmed here.

We're the Golden State. Not the Cheese State. Not the Garden State.....GOLDEN!!!

We have In-N-Out (Arizona and Vegas are lucky we share that with them).

We have the most representation in the House of Representatives, which means our opinion means more than yours, which means we're better than you.

The best athletes come from here.

We got disneyland....wut now!

We have The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf which is way better than Starbucks.

We call it soda, not pop.

Oh, and no one from California calls it Cali... that's how we know you're not from around here.
--------------------------<WBR></WBR>--------------------------<WBR></WBR>------------------
The fastest part of your commute is down your driveway.

You were born somewhere else.

Your sense of direction=Toward the ocean and away from the ocean.

You eat an In n Out burger at least once a week!!!

You know how to eat an artichoke.

The primary bugs that you worry about are electronic.

Your car has bullet-proof windows.

Left is right and right is wrong.

Your monthly house payments exceed your annual income.

You can't find your other earring because your son/brother is wearing it.

You drive to your neighborhood block party.

Your family tree contains "significant others."

You see 25 lawyers chasing an ambulance.

You go to a tanning salon before going to the beach.

More money is spent on facelifts than on diapers.

Smoking in your office is not optional.

You pack shorts and a T-shirt for skiing in the snow, and a sweater and a wetsuit for the beach.

When you can't schedule a meeting because you must "do lunch."

Your children learn to walk in Birkenstocks.

You consult your horoscope before planning your day.
--------------------------<WBR></WBR>--------------------------<WBR></WBR>------------------
All highways into the state say: "no fruits."

All highways out of the state say: "Go back."

The Terminator is your governor

It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH"

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from California.

You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.

You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English.

You don't care what race people are because you're too busy wondering what gender they are.

You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown and can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.

You know which restaurant serves the freshest arugula.

It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.

A really great parking space can totally move you to tears.

A low speed police pursuit will interrupt ANY TV broadcast.

Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S.

A man gets on the bus in full leather regalia and crotchless chaps. You don't even notice.

Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing the baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney IS George Clooney.

Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.

The normal symbols on restrooms mean "people wearing pants" and "people wearing skirts".

Your hairdresser is straight, your plumber is gay, the woman who delivers your mail is into S &M, and your Mary Kay rep is a guy in drag.

Both you AND your dog have therapists.

You have to leave the big company meeting early because Billy Blanks himself is teaching the 4:00 PM Tae Bo class.

You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cell phones or pagers.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Is this true or what?

MissKTdoodle
06-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Dave Mason~
You RULE!!! Thank You for the nosepeice... it is awesome!

David Mason
06-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Now git it on there so you can go race and make some boys drool as you pass them on the way to the first turn.

That nose piece should be good to go if you happen to get it wet. I barrel rolled my FEH one time in Omaha NB, probably about a 90 MPH roll, and the nose never twitched an inch.

It has also survived a t-Bone accident, Mark Wheeler spun out in DMH and my boat went through his boat basically destroying the B&H. All it did to mine was crack the sponson deck slightly and put a few scratches in the nose piece paint. Thankfully Mark was well aware of the situation and jumped forward on impact and made what could have been a bad accident just an accident. Now-A-Days with the kevlar sides it might not go all the way through.

Have a good race this weekend, and take som pics of the race and post them. Can't wait to see her in action. The KT DOODLE will rule !!

MissKTdoodle
06-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Now git it on there so you can go race and make some boys drool as you pass them on the way to the first turn.

That nose piece should be good to go if you happen to get it wet. I barrel rolled my FEH one time in Omaha NB, probably about a 90 MPH roll, and the nose never twitched an inch.

It has also survived a t-Bone accident, Mark Wheeler spun out in DMH and my boat went through his boat basically destroying the B&H. All it did to mine was crack the sponson deck slightly and put a few scratches in the nose piece paint. Thankfully Mark was well aware of the situation and jumped forward on impact and made what could have been a bad accident just an accident. Now-A-Days with the kevlar sides it might not go all the way through.

Have a good race this weekend, and take som pics of the race and post them. Can't wait to see her in action. The KT DOODLE will rule !!

Yeah the Dads is working on the boat right now...
I am not too much of a help becuase i have no idea what he is doing...
haha

David Mason
06-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Go supervise or something !!! Ya, I know he is working on it, was talking to him on the phone as he was glueing.

Good luck this weekend KT, kick some butt and take names.

MissKTdoodle
06-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Go supervise or something !!! Ya, I know he is working on it, was talking to him on the phone as he was glueing.

Good luck this weekend KT, kick some butt and take names.
For sure I will! I am exhausted... i just got back from Disneyland soo haha you know

pr-550yamahadriver
06-21-2007, 03:38 PM
great job KT your boat is very cool
is great a girl like the rece boats how old are you?

Skoontz
06-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Stay tuned for more swashbuckling adventures of the KTDoodle....The motor is apart right now and KT will be redoing what I messed up when I tried to paint the hull after we put on the Dave Mason signature super cowl or (SSC)...

MissKTdoodle
06-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Stay tuned for more swashbuckling adventures of the KTDoodle....The motor is apart right now and KT will be redoing what I messed up when I tried to paint the hull after we put on the Dave Mason signature super cowl or (SSC)...
:( :( :( I gotta redo your mess? :( that sucks

Skoontz
06-24-2007, 09:15 AM
KT says " I gotta redo your mess? that sucks"

Dad says, if she did not hook her right sponson testing in the first place, the boat would look as it did at Parker....Be patient, there are Good things to follow....As far as the foot throttle before the kneeler goes, as the greats tell me and her, she needs to walk before running. I will dig out some 1/4 midget shots of her broadlsiding at Terre Haute Speedway when she was 7....

So, dad says to you KT, you will master kneelers, including J, AXS and A before I consider buying a 45. Since dad carries the wallet, these lessons will be learned. As said in Moses, it was so written and it shall so be done.....

Dad also says, he brought inconclusive decisions from Oroville back in his spinning road weary mind back with him....So, back to basics, and listening to those who know more.

For all reading, and particularly to those who are consdering entering this sport, that means what it says. This boat thing is a learning curve and a very fun and motivatiing one at that. So, I'm going to take our personal dissapointments out of the conversation here, and say the good stuff, the best first, the accomplishments in which I am most proud.

At the beggining of this year, KT had a hydro bug, after sitting in a B runabout with a MK20H on back at the AOMC event at Anza Cove (Mission Bay, San Diego)

So, Bill Curtis calls, and we get a boat, which is fraction of the battle. Kt's grades, danced at D's and F's, not because she was not smart enough to get them better, because she lacked the proper study skills and motivation that I could not teach her raising her as single dad. It's alot easier and fer better with a mom in the picture, and an incredible mom at that...

So, KT gets the boat, sanded it every weekend getting it ready for the big day at Parker... Bakersfield was sooner, but she did not want to run in a national first time out of the gate....At Bakersfield, we got a true taste of the people in this sport....To say the least, incredible......

The first time out, MissKTDoodle ran pretty well. Second time out, ran terrible. Much like grades, you take good and bad , think about what you do to get better...We are working on the boat and set up, and KT's grades ended the year with a high C, (C+), two B's, and an A. If you'll recall I held her out of Minden over mother's day because her grades fell in a 2 week period even though we both had really wanted to run there...

So, she wanted to go to Oroville, and she showed us she wanted to by doing what she needed to do to earn going there. Our commitment is that we will pull her from school for any road trip we need to go boat racing, AS LONG AS she maintains a 3.0 (B) average or better.

She now is looking for work, and she is going to pay her own entry fees to help own part of the costs of racing....

My advice, and I need to listen to myself this as much as others, is, don't ever let a few bad days turn you into a raging jerk (as I sounded like I was)....Be fast to listen, and slow to act and speak...Don't baske in your own glory when you win, be grateful you ran, win loose, or conk out. I have to fix an accounting mess after this so I have not got alot of time to write much more...I'll close by saying that there are some of the greatest people the world has ever known in the sport of boat racing, and, I only hope the we can be half as good as so many of them already are. Have a great day, stay tuned for more to follow..............................

tthibodaux
06-24-2007, 09:36 AM

Dad says, if she did not hook her right sponson testing in the first place, the boat would look as it did at Parker....Be patient, there are Good things to follow....As far as the foot throttle before the kneeler goes, as the greats tell me and her, she needs to walk before running. I will dig out some 1/4 midget shots of her broadlsiding at Terre Haute Speedway when she was 7....

So, dad says to you KT, you will master kneelers, including J, AXS and A before I consider buying a 45. Since dad carries the wallet, these lessons will be learned. As said in Moses, it was so written and it shall so be done.....

Dad also says, he brought inconclusive decisions from Oroville back in his spinning road weary mind back with him....So, back to basics, and listening to those who know more.

For all reading, and particularly to those who are consdering entering this sport, that means what it says. This boat thing is a learning curve and a very fun and motivatiing one at that. So, I'm going to take our personal dissapointments out of the conversation here, and say the good stuff, the best first, the accomplishments in which I am most proud.

At the beggining of this year, KT had a hydro bug, after sitting in a B runabout with a MK20H on back at the AOMC event at Anza Cove (Mission Bay, San Diego)

So, Bill Curtis calls, and we get a boat, which is fraction of the battle. Kt's grades, danced at D's and F's, not because she was not smart enough to get them better, because she lacked the proper study skills and motivation that I could not teach her raising her as single dad. It's alot easier and fer better with a mom in the picture, and an incredible mom at that...

So, KT gets the boat, sanded it every weekend getting it ready for the big day at Parker... Bakersfield was sooner, but she did not want to run in a national first time out of the gate....At Bakersfield, we got a true taste of the people in this sport....To say the least, incredible......

The first time out, MissKTDoodle ran pretty well. Second time out, ran terrible. Much like grades, you take good and bad , think about what you do to get better...We are working on the boat and set up, and KT's grades ended the year with a high C, (C+), two B's, and an A. If you'll recall I held her out of Minden over mother's day because her grades fell in a 2 week period even though we both had really wanted to run there...

So, she wanted to go to Oroville, and she showed us she wanted to by doing what she needed to do to earn going there. Our commitment is that we will pull her from school for any road trip we need to go boat racing, AS LONG AS she maintains a 3.0 (B) average or better.

She now is looking for work, and she is going to pay her own entry fees to help own part of the costs of racing....

My advice, and I need to listen to myself this as much as others, is, don't ever let a few bad days turn you into a raging jerk (as I sounded like I was)....Be fast to listen, and slow to act and speak...Don't baske in your own glory when you win, be grateful you ran, win loose, or conk out. I have to fix an accounting mess after this so I have not got alot of time to write much more...I'll close by saying that there are some of the greatest people the world has ever known in the sport of boat racing, and, I only hope the we can be half as good as so many of them already are. Have a great day, stay tuned for more to follow..............................DANG...;) :D

:p KT.

MissKTdoodle
06-24-2007, 12:20 PM

My advice, and I need to listen to myself this as much as others, is, don't ever let a few bad days turn you into a raging jerk (as I sounded like I was)....Be fast to listen, and slow to act and speak...Don't baske in your own glory when you win, be grateful you ran, win loose, or conk out. I have to fix an accounting mess after this so I have not got alot of time to write much more...I'll close by saying that there are some of the greatest people the world has ever known in the sport of boat racing, and, I only hope the we can be half as good as so many of them already are. Have a great day, stay tuned for more to follow..............................
HEY HEY-
now your saying that it is my fault that the water was kicken up?

MissKTdoodle
06-24-2007, 12:21 PM
DANG...;) :D

:p KT.
haah thanks...
umm i am posting that video later today...
Alright?
no worries... haa:D

tthibodaux
06-25-2007, 05:26 AM
KT, Sydney says to tell you hi! This week she gets to get back on the computer after a month. Maybe she will stay off that myspace website this time.:(

Skoontz
06-25-2007, 06:06 AM
should be removed from the internet. I'm not big on banning things, or taking drastic measures, but there is nothing on that site that anyone needs to be looking at.

Sydney: If this matters, KT was banned from that site a few years ago. She got herself into some minor trouble there that could have gotten alot worse if her mom and I did not care about her like we do. Listen to your dad, that site is no good. Play your cards right and I bet you might be able to talk him into taking you to Parker, where, you get to meet MS KTDoodle and all kinds of other great fun people.

mercury400m
06-25-2007, 07:42 AM
:( :( :( I gotta redo your mess? :( that sucks

lmao how many times have i done that for my dad.... the other day he took apart a little 2 hp evinrude recoil and could put the spring back in... lol took me 10-20 minutes to get it back together....

what would we do with out our parents and what would they do with out us??????? eh KT:D :D

tthibodaux
06-25-2007, 04:55 PM
should be removed from the internet. I'm not big on banning things, or taking drastic measures, but there is nothing on that site that anyone needs to be looking at.

Sydney: If this matters, KT was banned from that site a few years ago. She got herself into some minor trouble there that could have gotten alot worse if her mom and I did not care about her like we do. Listen to your dad, that site is no good. Play your cards right and I bet you might be able to talk him into taking you to Parker, where, you get to meet MS KTDoodle and all kinds of other great fun people.Thank you Bill!!;)

MissKTdoodle
06-25-2007, 07:14 PM
KT, Sydney says to tell you hi! This week she gets to get back on the computer after a month. Maybe she will stay off that myspace website this time.:(
MYSPACE!? that is SOOO bad! Sydney...
You need to stay off of that site. That
is the worst siter possible!
Sweetie I don't want you to get hurt!!!

MissKTdoodle
06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
lmao how many times have i done that for my dad.... the other day he took apart a little 2 hp evinrude recoil and could put the spring back in... lol took me 10-20 minutes to get it back together....

what would we do with out our parents and what would they do with out us??????? eh KT:D :D
Haha Christian yeah Fo Sho

girls race 2
06-28-2007, 05:58 AM
Hi KT! I got my computer back:) how is the racing going KT? did you get your boat fixed. Dad is racing in 2 weeks. I hope he wins this time. I hear we are going to a race that you may be at. COOL.

MissKTdoodle
06-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi KT! I got my computer back:) how is the racing going KT? did you get your boat fixed. Dad is racing in 2 weeks. I hope he wins this time. I hear we are going to a race that you may be at. COOL.
before i talk to you about the boats-
NO MYSPACE for you got that little lady? i dont even have a myspace and i am older than you!
delete it alright?
racing is bad right now. yeah i got is fixed but it looks like crap yeah ummm depue??? Dad- what race is it i forgot

Skoontz
06-28-2007, 06:35 PM
After we fix the look like crap this weekend, and I put the pistons back in the holes, we will make it look like a championship rig is supposed to look weather you are ready or not...We need to add a spacer block to the transom cause when Ernie Dawe stepped it back so it would plane better, the void left will not support the bolt on motor jack....Then I'm gunna add a 1/4" sheet of wood under where the pad sits....You are 15 lbs over for J, but 9 lbs under for AXS and a full 36 pounds or so under for A.....So, the wood won't hurt and will make you feel better when you drive.....As far as the look, your sponsors expect your boat to shine, win loose not plane off or draw..... And this time, I ain't gunna let any runs in the paint...I've breathed enough of them fumes to allow me to paint it right...Irvine 2 weeks....

MissKTdoodle
06-29-2007, 01:25 PM
After we fix the look like crap this weekend, and I put the pistons back in the holes, we will make it look like a championship rig is supposed to look weather you are ready or not...We need to add a spacer block to the transom cause when Ernie Dawe stepped it back so it would plane better, the void left will not support the bolt on motor jack....Then I'm gunna add a 1/4" sheet of wood under where the pad sits....You are 15 lbs over for J, but 9 lbs under for AXS and a full 36 pounds or so under for A.....So, the wood won't hurt and will make you feel better when you drive.....As far as the look, your sponsors expect your boat to shine, win loose not plane off or draw..... And this time, I ain't gunna let any runs in the paint...I've breathed enough of them fumes to allow me to paint it right...Irvine 2 weeks....
Try umm 45 pounds under

Skoontz
06-29-2007, 05:12 PM
So, we gotta bring some weight, and, the cool thing is, we place it where ot werks best......

mercury400m
06-29-2007, 07:43 PM
hey skoontz or KT wanna post an updated pic of this updated awsome rig;) :cool:

MissKTdoodle
06-30-2007, 01:18 AM

hahaha
yeahh awesome= not
the boat NO OFFENSE to Jews.. my closest friends are Jewish and they even agreed... the nose turned Jewish ahaha
it is a great nose. but the fact that it doesnt fit my small boat causes problems

Christian-
I'll get you updated on the boat on Tuesday/ Testing day!
And some of the race~ where I will be modeling Abercrombie and Fitch, Abercrombie, and Hollister Clothes...
Those pictures will be posted also!
Thank You Everyone for supporting me!!
Espesially~
Ron Hill
Broc Hill
Bunker Hill
Chad Hill
Corey Hill
Marlee Hill
Russ Hill
The Hill Family
Sydney Thiboaudaux
Tim Thiboaudaux
My Dad~ Bill Schwab/Skoontz
Jeff Conant
Tammy Dawe
Joe Johnson
Lauren Johnson
Johnson Family
Christian Caron
Dale Bishop
Dave Mason
Chris Hagerl
And if I didn't mention your name please let me know and I will add you on!
Thank You All!
- KT Schwab

MissKTdoodle
06-30-2007, 01:18 AM

hahaha
yeahh awesome= not
the boat NO OFFENSE to Jews.. my closest friends are Jewish and they even agreed... the nose turned Jewish ahaha
it is a great nose. but the fact that it doesnt fit my small boat causes problems

Christian-
I'll get you updated on the boat on Tuesday/ Testing day!
And some of the race~ where I will be modeling Abercrombie and Fitch, Abercrombie, and Hollister Clothes...
Those pictures will be posted also!
Thank You Everyone for supporting me!!
Espesially~
Ron Hill
Broc Hill
Bunker Hill
Chad Hill
Corey Hill
Marlee Hill
Russ Hill
The Hill Family
Sydney Thiboaudaux
Tim Thiboaudaux
My Dad~ Bill Schwab/Skoontz
Jeff Conant
Tammy Dawe
Joe Johnson
Lauren Johnson
Johnson Family
Christian Caron
Dale Bishop
Dave Mason
Chris Hagerl
And if I didn't mention your name please let me know and I will add you on!
Thank You All!
- KT Schwab

girls race 2
06-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi KT! I let some of my friends see the pictures of your boat today and they liked them to. Good luck testing your boat. I hope to get to meet you at that big race dad said we are going to after the summer. your friend Sydney.

Skoontz
06-30-2007, 04:01 PM
We will be redoing, once again, the Miss KTDoodle.... Tomorrow, a deck face lift....Step by step photos to follow, and video by KTDoodle....

Ron already has a revolution with KT's name to go on it.... So, capsule training next time it's offered. We got 2 years and all that advertising space on a tunnel.....

MissKTdoodle
07-01-2007, 11:29 AM
We will be redoing, once again, the Miss KTDoodle.... Tomorrow, a deck face lift....Step by step photos to follow, and video by KTDoodle....

Ron already has a revolution with KT's name to go on it.... So, capsule training next time it's offered. We got 2 years and all that advertising space on a tunnel.....
Dad-
i love how you talk about my boat like it is going into plastic surgery! :D :P :)

Skoontz
07-01-2007, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=MissKTdoodle;36410]Dad-
i love how you talk about my boat like it is going into plastic surgery! :D :P

Well KTDoodle, we do live in Southern Cal....Plastic sugery capital of the free world....

So, anyway, I'm thumbing through my camera....And, my inspiration was the worn red hospital bracelt that KT got when we registered at Oroville...When was that, 3 weeks ago??? Anyhow, as seen with her friend Mel who is moving to Moses Lake from Encinitas, she is ready to go....

Skoontz
07-01-2007, 11:52 AM
missed the last post somehow...

MissKTdoodle
07-01-2007, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=MissKTdoodle;36410]Dad-
i love how you talk about my boat like it is going into plastic surgery! :D :P

Well KTDoodle, we do live in Southern Cal....Plastic sugery capital of the free world....

So, anyway, I'm thumbing through my camera....And, my inspiration was the worn red hospital bracelt that KT got when we registered at Oroville...When was that, 3 weeks ago??? Anyhow, as seen with her friend Mel who is moving to Moses Lake from Encinitas, she is ready to go....

see i didnt want to offend anyone but i was orginally going to say
"i love you how you talk about my boat like it is going into plastic surgery... than again we are from so cal... everything here is fake haha"

Skoontz
07-01-2007, 04:30 PM
not everything, but you get the idea.....

MissKTdoodle
07-03-2007, 01:49 PM
not everything, but you get the idea.....
well you get what i was trying to say...

MissKTdoodle
07-13-2007, 09:59 AM
KT Here!
I haven't written in a while...
I got 5 minutes to sum it up...
sooo the Miss KTDoodle is Leaveing for Chowchilla at 10 AM Prompt with a new look- a new beginning:D :eek:
SOOOO
The Trouble Maker's (myself) ship has sailed...
I am a little scared-
but I'll win A Hydro and AXS-
WATCH OUT TAMMY!

BrocHill
07-15-2007, 09:16 PM
another weekened, another race down.... ill let kt tell you how she did but i will say she won at least ONE of her classes and didn't do so well in the other, but hey she got some invaluable experience. :D

MissKTdoodle
07-16-2007, 04:34 PM
another weekened, another race down.... ill let kt tell you how she did but i will say she won at least ONE of her classes and didn't do so well in the other, but hey she got some invaluable experience. :D

haha i didnt try to do well in the other two classes...
yeah you didn't do the best either- but you tried ha
i got 1st in J Class Hydro
i took a 3rd in AXSH- but I wasn't trying and i wasnt planning to, there were rough waters and i wasnt really to roll again :\
in A Hydro I was 6th but I didn't try to win in that one either haha i could have but again rough waters
oh! and a video is on the way of a few hydros that weekend
Carissa Carlson
Me
and Jared Wallach
there are a few others i think?
Steve Wilde and Gary Lung?

Skoontz
07-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I'll post some pictures of the mess I made after we mounted Dave Masons cowling....One of my lavor saving ideas that ended up taking 4 times as long considering I had to make the boat right...

Here she is running J out in front 4 more turns till the checkered....

Skoontz
07-16-2007, 09:49 PM
KT needs t work on her turns, she is giving up too much water and she almost makes an apex as if the turn were a triangle, but, she'll get it....Lots of time to improve....

David Mason
07-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Looks like you still need to add the windshield to it. Find some lexan. If you need a pattern I can mail one.

Skoontz
07-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks, Dave. Lemme see what we can do with some thick pattern paper like we used to us at the glass shop I worked at in H/S.

We will need to make it so the nose is still open because that's where she puts her foot when planing the charming J plate/prop. Once under way the steps work well, but man it's hell to get the boat to drop. Then she has to be carefull after it catches cause it will blow out just as fast as she sits down if she does it too soon....