PDA

View Full Version : Fuel and Oil (i know)

river_ratj40
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
ok, i know that the oil threads have been beat to death, so bear with me for a min.

application
60/40 johnson with outboard jet pump
max rpms 6000
bored .030
175-180 compression

everyone around here runs klotz benol. they say that is the best, and im not trying to disagree. but ive read some stuff that its gummy and it dont mix well. just trying to see what everyones opinion is on the stuff.

has anyone done any test to see if prem. fuel runs better or adding octane booster runs better. just didnt know what the norm was for my application.

Thanks

Mark75H
10-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I run Klotz Techinplate with 10% castor ... no problems, it mixes easily and does not have any gumming problem. I would not advise using 100% castor in your application; it will have at least some gumming and provide no benefit.

My motors crank 275 and use AV gas ... don't use "octane booster" almost all brands are just ethanol that comes in regular gas most places anyway

Tim Chance
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I burn methanol in my motors and have used a couple of different Klotz products with no gumming problems. Now I use Maxima 927, a castor based oil also with no gumming problems. I do, however, after I am done for the day, run the motor on the beach for a short time with a 4:1 mixture of regular gas and petroleum oil.