PDA

View Full Version : Flo (Florence) Hathaway

WharfRat
12-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Drove a Molinari tunnel with twin Johnsons on the back, boat #999
Based out of Houston (Clear Lake) Texas. She ran in Marathons as well as the regular roundy rounds. Her hubby Tommy was the crew chief. THis was back in the mid '70s. She quit racing shortly after flipping the boat during a test session & the prop got her calf muscle. (She recuperated just fine)

David Alaniz
12-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Drove a Molinari tunnel with twin Johnsons on the back, boat #999
Based out of Houston (Clear Lake) Texas. She ran in Marathons as well as the regular roundy rounds. Her hubby Tommy was the crew chief. THis was back in the mid '70s. She quit racing shortly after flipping the boat during a test session & the prop got her calf muscle. (She recuperated just fine)

Your Right! It was a Glastron/Molinari with twin J's. The first boat they had was a tunnel with twin mercs. I came across a pic with it sitting in our drive way. My dad was helping him set it up.

Flo was my mom away from home.

David Alaniz
12-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Your Right! It was a Glastron/Molinari with twin J's. The first boat they had was a tunnel with twin mercs. I came across a pic with it sitting in our drive way. My dad was helping him set it up.

Flo was my mom away from home.

Lets see how works. My first time to try a pic.

Master Oil Racing Team
12-25-2007, 08:14 AM
.....now let's see some more.

Scott, I had forgotten about Flo until you and David mentioned her. David, you had mentioned the Houston Gulf Coast Marathon Association on another thread. I have some pics of a bunch of those folks that I will post after things settle down a bit.

WharfRat
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Wayne I can't wait to see them, heck I might even be in some of them :eek:

David, we had to have met back then , saw a pic of your dad on that other thread, he looks damn familiar

Smokin' Joe
03-18-2012, 07:54 AM
.....now let's see some more.

Scott, I had forgotten about Flo until you and David mentioned her. David, you had mentioned the Houston Gulf Coast Marathon Association on another thread. I have some pics of a bunch of those folks that I will post after things settle down a bit.

Flo and Tommy performed a big service 1977-(?) running the Houston Gulf Coast Marathon Association and organizing many races for us in the Houston-Galveston-Palacios-Port Lavaca area. In those days we ran a lot, including testing, at Port Haven near the Houston ship channel. Around 1985 that was turned into a container terminal. Rick Clausen and Jet Boat John were also very active in the HGCMA.

WharfRat
05-29-2012, 03:04 PM
I pitted for Rick Clausen at the Conroe race (worst sunburn I ever got too)